Old 27 April 2006, 21:50   #1

Length: 5m +
Greetings

Hi,

I am new here and planning to buy a zodiac medline IIc with a yamaha f115. Planning this resulted in a searchfest on the internet and that's how i found this forum.

I am Dutch so my Englisch is not perfect. I don't post with a dictionary on my lap.

Years ago I worked at a salvage company. They used RIB's for fast resque missions. In this job I discovered my interrest for bouncing around on water at breakneck speed. It was a 30 feet rib with 2 v6 175hp outboards. Although missions were sometimes very scary (50 m/h in 10 foot waves), I never lost the need for speed.

So years later I wanted that feeling again and convinced my girlfriend we needed a pwc. We bought a yamaha gp1200r and had a lot off fun with it.

We have sold the pwc. We still want to go fast now and then but also and more important, we want to cruise and relax and take friends on a trip without scaring the **** out of them (our friends are easely scared).

To cut short: what do you guys think about our combination?
Old 27 April 2006, 22:03   #2

Town: Reading, Hants
Boat name: Juicy
Make: Sealine F43
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2 x 370hp
MMSI: TBC
the only thing scarey about the boat and engine choice you are proposing is the stripey material for seats etc ...........no just kidding

welcome to the forum, there are a few folks from your area so would be good for you to touch base with them and setup some cruises.

folks have all sort of boats on here so you will get a good perspective

have fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebuines
Hi,

I am new here and planning to buy a zodiac medline IIc with a yamaha f115. Planning this resulted in a searchfest on the internet and that's how i found this forum.

I am Dutch so my Englisch is not perfect. I don't post with a dictionary on my lap.

Years ago I worked at a salvage company. They used RIB's for fast resque missions. In this job I discovered my interrest for bouncing around on water at breakneck speed. It was a 30 feet rib with 2 v6 175hp outboards. Although missions were sometimes very scary (50 m/h in 10 foot waves), I never lost the need for speed.

So years later I wanted that feeling again and convinced my girlfriend we needed a pwc. We bought a yamaha gp1200r and had a lot off fun with it.

We have sold the pwc. We still want to go fast now and then but also and more important, we want to cruise and relax and take friends on a trip without scaring the **** out of them (our friends are easely scared).

To cut short: what do you guys think about our combination?
Old 27 April 2006, 22:19   #3

LOL, if my girlfriend is sunbathing on it, it will not be vissible anyway (just kidding).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Jardon
the only thing scarey about the boat and engine choice you are proposing is the stripey material for seats etc ...........no just kidding

welcome to the forum, there are a few folks from your area so would be good for you to touch base with them and setup some cruises.

folks have all sort of boats on here so you will get a good perspective

have fun
Old 27 April 2006, 22:26   #4

Town: Reading, Hants
Boat name: Juicy
Make: Sealine F43
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2 x 370hp
MMSI: TBC
well i hope she is not reading this as you will be in the dog house, one thing when ribbing is you have to keep the lady sweet so you can sneak away when you want and treat yourself to all those handy gadgets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebuines
LOL, if my girlfriend is sunbathing on it, it will not be vissible anyway (just kidding).
Old 27 April 2006, 22:43   #5

Don't worry, she likes me for my humor, even if she's the subject. What are the handy gadgets? (possible language induced missunderstanding)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Jardon
well i hope she is not reading this as you will be in the dog house, one thing when ribbing is you have to keep the lady sweet so you can sneak away when you want and treat yourself to all those handy gadgets
Old 28 April 2006, 10:31   #6

Town: Surrey
Boat name: ocean pro 6.3
Make: Humber
Length: 6m +
Engine: 140hp suzuki
combination wise i think your choice of boat is ok, good for cruising at reasonable speeds, and the 115hp will make it lively, and good comfort, of course its not a hardcore rib with the best rough water handling, but itll do for the needs you mentioned, cruising with friends! and you wont want to go out in too rough weather anyways, will definately scare your friends