Old 07 October 2019, 08:09   #22

Town: Whakatane
Boat name: Jojosrib
Make: Brig
Length: 6m +
Engine: Yamaha f 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpearRib View Post
I like to spearfish offshore. I usually pick good days anyway for Vizibility, but sometimes I will just go fishing.

How does the 600 handle a 2-3 foot wind chop?

I have read they have a very sharp deadrise and entry, along with being fiberglass are a soft riding boat.

It has a 150hp 4 stroke on the back, 2008 model.
A 6.3 stingray raider with a 2014 f115 yam has just been listed on trade me for a little under 30k.....would be a good bet too....
Old 07 October 2019, 09:07   #23

Town: NSW
Length: 4m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojosrib View Post
A 6.3 stingray raider with a 2014 f115 yam has just been listed on trade me for a little under 30k.....would be a good bet too....

I cant find the link? Maybe it sold....

I tell you what is catching my attention Bro, is these new Zodiac N-ZO 760s.

Basically the front half is a bullet shaped fiberglass monohull, with the boat contouring to the rear to give a reverse chine shape, so sits in the water well.

I cant afford one, they do come in smaller sizes, like the 680. But is about time somebody did something with having more glass at the front. I think this should give better balance to a RIBs weight, with the donk weighing a lot at the back but a lot of glass at the front should see it come back down nicely without nose diving in a swell.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/boa...e02774e89f-002
Old 07 October 2019, 09:14   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonp View Post
Funny you mention Steve Erwin as my reptile crazy daughter was dating his son untill a few months ago, which was mostly kept out of the headlines!!

Perhaps for the better for her mate. It looks to me she is doing fine by herself. Biology is not an easy field and its flappn under payed.

My last ex has a Doctorate in Herpetology (geckoz, frogs, snakes etc) and one in Marine Biology (I forget what her major is in that). And it took her ages to get to a pay grade I got with no qualifications after dropping out of Uni to work in IT (got offered a job while at Uni so made sense at the time).

I just think life is too short to worry about how much money you have, its about how many experiences you collect that Wins :-).

Id love to have been a stay at home Dad, but none of the women in my life have earnt enough to come close to what I use to, plus one just wouldnt conceive and another in WA had an abortion behind my back after telling me she definitely wanted to have my baby, that hurt. Haha all a bit personal there.

Bottom line imo, life is too short to worry about retiring with a bunch of houses and having lived most of your life working to do it.

Great Video. People always freak out about white pointers, once you have been around them long enough to me they become one of the least sharks I worry about. If they are going to have a go, you wont see it or know it, it will be from underneath and hit you with enough force to concuss you. So I just dont worry about them. What I do worry about is the Whaler family. Bull sharks in Brissy area, Tiger sharks in WA and the GBR, less deadly but perhaps more annoying, Bronze Whalers in NZ, gosh they annoy me when I spear a really good king and just get the head back. Makos dont scare me either but like Bronzies they are super annoying, they can turn a large marlin into blood and a head within less than half a minute, so my more kingish usually come back with if Im lucky a head lol. Which is odd because fish generally eat other fish head first, so spines etc dont get stuck on the way down. But then Makos sometimes attack side on so I presume all sharks do.

I new it was South Coast, as I lived in Austinmer, north of the Gong for 6 years. Loved it. I was young, I had an 80 series LC and a 6 metre Sea Farer. Whats more I had a high paying job for my age. Had just broken up with my first near fatal, I mean marriage experience haha, moved there after renovating houses and working 40 hour weeks during the first housing boom. Boy did I know how to blow that cash fast. But I had SOOO many experiences, and genuine people in my life. So was a happy time in the end.
Old 08 October 2019, 04:44   #25

Quote:
I cant find the link? Maybe it sold....

I tell you what is catching my attention Bro, is these new Zodiac N-ZO 760s.

Basically the front half is a bullet shaped fiberglass monohull, with the boat contouring to the rear to give a reverse chine shape, so sits in the water well.

I cant afford one, they do come in smaller sizes, like the 680. But is about time somebody did something with having more glass at the front. I think this should give better balance to a RIBs weight, with the donk weighing a lot at the back but a lot of glass at the front should see it come back down nicely without nose diving in a swell.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/boa...e02774e89f-002

LIsting no. 2345503208
Old 21 October 2019, 23:57   #26

Quote:
LIsting no. 2345503208

Sorry I took so long I must have missed it.

Im enjoying the scouting process though, given I have access to a boat when needed and its not summer yet Im not too keen to get in the water haha. Getting old and soft.

What do you guys consider a fair haggle price?

To be honest Ive always gone in with an offer 20% less than the asking price. Ive not had too bad a response in the past. Do you consider this a bit sharp? Boats are hard to sell, especially RIBs so I always try to avoid resale major loss RISK buy offering what I think a boat may sell for which is usually about 20% less than asking.
Old 22 October 2019, 01:18   #27

Nouvarania. I know these things are a Deluxe more joy ride boat. But they are super expensive, they seem to have a nice sharp entry. It seems to be a deeper V than smugglers or even Geminis?

This dl460 model has a 90hp 2 stroke Yammy on it, man it must fly a 15ftr with a 90hp 2 stroke.

Maxed out with FRUIT including fresh water shower. Engine has done a lot of hours, but if serviced it should keep going?

Only thing I dont like is the rear seat. It houses all the electronics, but they should have made the back rest bi fold so when fishing you could use all the wasted space at the back of the hull? I dont think get that cut and made that way would cost a lot though. Just remove the aluminium and back rest and bolt on a bi fold back rest? Although current one is holding a 6 stack rod holder. Im just not sure how practical it is as you cant sit backward on it.

Anyway I have no experience with the brand other than they are a super expensive RIB from Europe, let me know what you think?

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/boa...78068e87df-009

Old 22 October 2019, 02:08   #28

Quote:
Sorry I took so long I must have missed it.

Im enjoying the scouting process though, given I have access to a boat when needed and its not summer yet Im not too keen to get in the water haha. Getting old and soft.

What do you guys consider a fair haggle price?

To be honest Ive always gone in with an offer 20% less than the asking price. Ive not had too bad a response in the past. Do you consider this a bit sharp? Boats are hard to sell, especially RIBs so I always try to avoid resale major loss RISK buy offering what I think a boat may sell for which is usually about 20% less than asking.
From what you describe your needs to be this is not for you. This a more inshore family boat that on a good day will ok out in the blue.
Old 22 October 2019, 02:21   #29

Quote:
From what you describe your needs to be this is not for you. This a more inshore family boat that on a good day will ok out in the blue.
Yeah I know, but its so pretty :-)

I went and checked out the Gemini 600 (the one between the newish one and the one that hasnt sold, 2004, for some reason thats gone up $10k, I know they had reduced it by $10k). Anyway, it looked good but I couldnt get it for the price I wanted and being in no rush and gemini wave riders coming up more often than any other RIB I would just wait.