Old 06 November 2006, 11:15   #1

Town: Bournemouth
Boat name: pedro
Make: avon
Length: 6m +
Engine: outboard/petrol/115
Gemini RIBs???

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with Gemini RIBs? Would appreciate any advice on opinions on build quality, sea keeping characteristics etc

Thanks
Old 06 November 2006, 21:01   #2

Town: Brittany/Portsmouth
Boat name: Merlin
Make: Solent 6.5
Engine: 200
MMSI: soon !
Zebedee...

Hiya

We had a 5m Gemini and were very happy with it indeed. It was solid in construction and was a great friend in lots of differing sea conditions. It was reassuring to handle in tough seas despite its bijou size! We first saw it operating as a safety boat for zapcat racing in Stokes Bay and thought it was great fun.

Loved it dearly! It looked after us well. Have some nice souvenir photos courtesy of ribby mates

Kathleen
Old 06 November 2006, 21:08   #3

Town: mooloolaba
Make: gemini
Length: 5m +
Engine: mercury 90hp
I have a 2006 5.1 Gemini Waverider with a 90hp Mercury that is 10months old now. It is well made & does indicated 58mph when trimmed up & 22p prop which I would recommend. Very economical to run, like 10 liters per hour at 40mph because it is light at around 250kg with console.A nice boat but has 2 places where the gel coat has developed stress marks, thankfully are not near the water, the Gemini people said no problem, just movement that the hard gel coat cannot flex too. I would recommend a drive & see how you like it.It is hypolon which is essential for longivity of the tubes I am told.I love mine.
Old 06 November 2006, 21:16   #4

Town: Oakley
Boat name: Zerstörer
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki DF 140
MMSI: 235050131
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackeens View Post
Hiya

We had a 5m Gemini and were very happy with it indeed. It was solid in construction and was a great friend in lots of differing sea conditions. It was reassuring to handle in tough seas despite its bijou size! We first saw it operating as a safety boat for zapcat racing in Stokes Bay and thought it was great fun.

Loved it dearly! It looked after us well. Have some nice souvenir photos courtesy of ribby mates

Kathleen
I drove this boat in the Solent chop at WOT and was extremely impressed with it. It took a lot of pounding and was designed such that it seemed to just skim over the top of the chop. For its size it was a very good boat. These boats are not talked about a lot on here but they seem very capable.
Old 06 November 2006, 21:18   #5

Engine: 200
Nice to read that Biggles

We certainly have loads of happy memories !

Kathleen & Paul
Old 10 November 2006, 22:57   #6

Town: Southampton
Boat name: DynaMoHumm/ SRV/deja
Make: Avon8.4, 5.4 & 4.777
Length: 8m +
Engine: Cat3126 Yam 90 &70
MMSI: 42
I,ve changed my opinions of the a bit over the years I used to think they were very good but now i don't rate them so highly they are still ok though and the hull is niceand does ride well. The light grey toobs they tend to come with realy look bad after a few years and the light blue banding fades badly in the sun, try and get one with dark grey toobing or better still dark Blue. If you get one with light grey tubing then make friends with Biggles cos he enjoys cleaning ribs!
Rogue Wave is offline   Reply With Quote