Old 26 February 2014, 18:53   #1

Town: west wales
Make: humber destroyer 5m
Length: 5m +
Engine: 90 yamaha
Exporting engines

I just re read a post that I replied to about people paying strong money for outboards for export and had a thought.................
If they pay good money for a legit engine and get an invoice etc
They can then copy the invoice and 'prove' each of the similar engines that they have stolen are legit when they come to sell them on too.................
Don't even need to 'ring' the engine, just knock the serial number plate off, who's going to worry? They now have an invoice to 'prove' that they bought it straight,probably a copy of the ebay listing etc too.
All they need is to make up a sob story about why they don't need the engine anymore.
And to make it really good ,replicate any damage on the legit engine on the nicked one.
Pretty clever if that's what they do.

My mind works this deviously because I used to be a used car dealer and once sold a guy a range rover that he later sold six times, actually he sold mine and five ringers with the same set of documents, duplicate V5's,mots',tax discs the lot !

I found out when west mercia fraud squad turned up to check if mine was the kosha one (it was thank God)