Old 03 April 2019, 20:53   #21
RIBnet supporter

Town: Cowes
Boat name: Clear Dawn
Make: Cormate
Length: 7m +
Engine: Verado 200
MMSI: 235924981
The Ballistic is definitely a deep v hull, you will have to look up the deadrise. They have quite a big reverse chine to give a dry ride which some people love and some say gives a hard landing.
I've only been out in one once and it was a nice day, lovely boat but I can't comment on the ride.
Old 03 April 2019, 21:06   #22

Town: Dalmeny
Make: zodiac
Length: 5m +
Engine: outboard
As above Naiad is the big one, these are the most common rescue, tour, maritime, police etc etc ribs. The Gemini are reasonably popular there and considered a good workhorse ( often used by fisheries throughout Aus ).
Old 04 April 2019, 09:10   #23

Town: Whakatane
Boat name: Jojosrib
Make: Brig
Length: 6m +
Engine: Yamaha f 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpearRib View Post
Any idea on the Ballistic 7.8M Rib, seems a nice boat and if its deadrise is suitable could suit an offshore dive and fish boat. But I suspect its not a very deep V?

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/boa...095252ca988415
That’s a really good boat....very well received in the uk.....if I had somewhere to store it....
Old 04 April 2019, 22:17   #24

Town: Dalmeny
Make: zodiac
Length: 5m +
Engine: outboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpearRib View Post
Do gemini waveriders have built in fuel tanks? Im looking at a 505, wondering what size the fuel tank is and how many degrees the deadrise is? Seems they dont make this model on their website anymore?
Yes they have built in tanks, I was considering this one but have decided the next size up would suit me better ( im only looking for something in survey ).https://www.boatsonline.com.au/boats...ini-rib/225240

This also looks to be a very good price https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/torq...oat/1209129545

By the way I also use my zodiac 550 tour 80km offshore in southern NSW and northern QLD. I carry enough fuel on extended trips for around 600km ( weather depending).

The comments on Stabi crafts ( which can also easely be put in survey ) are a little misleading, firstly the wide combings have built in storage ( far more space than ribs). They are considered extremely good rough water handling charter vessels by NZ fishing charters and Australian. They are heavily used by maritime and rescue groups because of their sea keeping properties. They also have the room to carry a reasonable crew and still rank high on my next purchase list, they are also very cheap to run in comparison with most boats of equal size (not needing huge power units)

A friend of mine ( Jack From the captain ) has owned and tested many boats ( even one of mine ) and he loves the Stabi's. There looks to be far more storage on this 18ft model than any rib I've ever seen.

By the way my 2014 550 pro will soon be on the market.

Tags
rib