Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 17 June 2021, 15:59   #1
Member
 
Bigmuz7's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Glasgow
Boat name: stramash
Make: Tornado
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 90
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,073
E tech oil

Evenin fellow rib net Geezas .. I only get the old tub out in the summer these days and needs some new oil for the motor .. its about 7 year old I think , but IIRC has to be the right XD oil , any of you oldies with a few years servitude before the mast know what the right stuff is ? Plus is it the case the damn cumpnay gorn tits up ? Is the motor just a 'bomb'ardier now of no value?
__________________

__________________
Bigmuz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2021, 16:11   #2
RIBnet Supporter
 
willk's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Make: Redbay Boats
Length: 9m +
Engine: 370hp
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 14,280
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmuz7 View Post
Evenin fellow rib net Geezas .. I only get the old tub out in the summer these days and needs some new oil for the motor .. its about 7 year old I think , but IIRC has to be the right XD oil , any of you oldies with a few years servitude before the mast know what the right stuff is ? Plus is it the case the damn cumpnay gorn tits up ? Is the motor just a 'bomb'ardier now of no value?
Welcome back Bigwuz! Long time no "What are we drinking tonight?"*

If the gentleman's preferred XD100 is no longer available/convenient then you need to tweak the engine's ECU to run XD50 (aka TCW-3) - essentially it just doses more. Pikey will be able to advise re cables and software. I sold mine back in the day or I'd spot you a set. Yeah, tits up but apparently still supplying parts and oils.

How's yerself anyhoo?



*Kinnegar Crossroads
__________________

__________________
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
willk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2021, 16:13   #3
RIBnet Supporter
 
willk's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Make: Redbay Boats
Length: 9m +
Engine: 370hp
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 14,280
RIBase
https://www.liverpoolpowerboats.co.u...product_id=736
__________________
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
willk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2021, 16:32   #4
Member
 
Bigmuz7's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Glasgow
Boat name: stramash
Make: Tornado
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 90
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
Welcome back Bigwuz! Long time no "What are we drinking tonight?"*

If the gentleman's preferred XD100 is no longer available/convenient then you need to tweak the engine's ECU to run XD50 (aka TCW-3) - essentially it just doses more. Pikey will be able to advise re cables and software. I sold mine back in the day or I'd spot you a set. Yeah, tits up but apparently still supplying parts and oils.

How's yerself anyhoo?



*Kinnegar Crossroads

Evening Squire .. still kicking , but not complaining as no one listens anyway .. Dont fancy any of that ECU mumbo jumbo .. had it mind it was a XD50 ? could be wrong but I did a quick google before asking the question and somone on here before said you need to do an ECU mod for XD100 ? .. so I thought I'd ask the peeps ... I can picture the old bottle in my head I think.. but dont want to go putting in the wrong stuff.. edit .. the boats 250 miles away so I cant check it right now


Further edit : I think its 100 although the bottles look different now. It runs on what it came with from the shop.. as I remember you had to have a mod for the cheaper oil I think as you say
__________________
Bigmuz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2021, 16:51   #5
RIBnet Supporter
 
willk's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Make: Redbay Boats
Length: 9m +
Engine: 370hp
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 14,280
RIBase
IIRC then an engine set for 50 will run fine on 100, but not the reverse. The ECU tweak is very simple. For your mileage I'd just run the xd100....
__________________
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
willk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2021, 04:58   #6
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Liverpool
Boat name: Blue Mountain
Make: Humber
Length: 5m +
Engine: Evinrude E-Tec 150
MMSI: 250004952
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
IIRC then an engine set for 50 will run fine on 100, but not the reverse. The ECU tweak is very simple. For your mileage I'd just run the xd100....
Can't go wrong with XD100
__________________
Matty75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2021, 05:17   #7
Member
 
Pikey Dave's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 10,696
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty75 View Post
Can't go wrong with XD100


^^^^^
Wot e said
__________________
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unkIVvjZc9Y
Pikey Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2021, 07:29   #8
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Make: HumberOceanOffshore
Length: 8m +
Engine: Volvo KAD300/DPX
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 5,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmuz7 View Post
Evenin fellow rib net Geezas .. needs some new oil for the motor .. its about 7 year old I think , ..
Hello sailor! If you've got 7 year old oil and it hasn't settled out I reckon you should just use it.
__________________
JW.
jwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2021, 09:00   #9
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: Cardiff
Length: no boat
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,783
The correct oil in the overpriced BRP bottle should still be available until sale of petrol runs out
__________________
HDAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2021, 16:53   #10
Member
 
Bigmuz7's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Glasgow
Boat name: stramash
Make: Tornado
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 90
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,073
Ok thanks guys .. xd 100 it is .. if I can find it
__________________
Bigmuz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2021, 02:34   #11
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: Cardiff
Length: no boat
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmuz7 View Post
Ok thanks guys .. xd 100 it is .. if I can find it
Hardly difficult https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Evinrude-....m46890.l49286
__________________
HDAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2021, 02:49   #12
RIBnet Supporter
 
willk's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Make: Redbay Boats
Length: 9m +
Engine: 370hp
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 14,280
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDAV View Post
....or post 3 above
__________________

__________________
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
willk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.