Town: west mids /tywyn
Boat name: HAWK
Make: RIBCRAFT/ Suzuki 250
Length: 7m +
Engine: Tohatsu 3.8/15hpsuzi
MMSI: 235086594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrider View Post
Guys - MANY thanks to all of you who came with constructive information and advice !
I will look at all of the tips and will take my time to make my choice .
Unfortunately I have to order online cause in Kiev is no way to find ANY dry suit usefull for ribbing and in Germany where I live we also do not have marine outlets each corner ...
I`ll let you know once I bought my suit !
Cheers !
GO Black Shadow you wont regret it take no notice of the negative comments from a fellow german and his scottish lover
B.S. LEADER
tony t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2012, 20:36   #42

Town: Ashton-under-Lyne Lancs
Boat name: IMOGEN
Make: Air-Craft 5.4
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki df70a
MMSI: 235087492
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to kerny
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony t View Post
GO Black Shadow you wont regret it take no notice of the negative comments from a fellow german and his scottish mate
Can't see anything negative in our comments BS
Old 14 November 2012, 20:47   #43

Town: Girvan & Tayvallich
Boat name: Breawatch
Make: Ribcraft
Engine: Mercury 150 F/stroke
MMSI: ex directory!!
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerny View Post
Can't see anything negative in our comments BS

You no what these Wolves fans are like cannot take constructive suggestions they are so blinkered. You just cant have a balanced debate with them at all
Member of SABS ( Scottish West Division)
jambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2012, 09:36   #44

Town: Blackpool
Boat name: Indigo
Make: Humber
Engine: Etec 60 Hp
Wie Gehts Jürgen,
as previously mentioned you can get cheaper drysuits but, in the UK, the going rate for a something decent is about £300. I bought my first drysuits (for myself, wife and son) at the start of last year. Typhoon Max B and I couldn't be happier with them. Goretex with built in socks and neo cuffs/collar. Cost £299 each from Wetsuit Outlet - Offering Great Deals on Water Sport Equipment Clothing Drysuits Wetsuits. Great service (dispatched on the same day and received following day). I am just a customer and have nothing to do wetsuit outlet. Good Luck mate.

Tuss

Des
Old 15 November 2012, 14:50   #45

Town: Ardfern
Boat name: Moon Raker
Make: Humber Destroyer
Engine: Honda BF 90 D
MMSI: 235035994
Quote:
Originally Posted by demondesmond View Post
Wie Gehts Jürgen,
as previously mentioned you can get cheaper drysuits but, in the UK, the going rate for a something decent is about £300. I bought my first drysuits (for myself, wife and son) at the start of last year. Typhoon Max B and I couldn't be happier with them. Goretex with built in socks and neo cuffs/collar. Cost £299 each from Wetsuit Outlet - Offering Great Deals on Water Sport Equipment Clothing Drysuits Wetsuits. Great service (dispatched on the same day and received following day). I am just a customer and have nothing to do wetsuit outlet. Good Luck mate.

Tuss

Des
Yes. I bought my Typhoon from Wetsuit Outlet. Excellent service. I wanted a convenience zip and shorter legs. They put me in touch with Typhoon, who did a great job quickly. Excellent courteous service from both companies and a comfortable dry suit made in Britain.
Old 15 November 2012, 17:04   #46

Town: StPetersburg Russia
Boat name: Ocean Devil
Make: Scorpion 8.6m
Length: 8m +
Engine: Yanmar 315hp
MMSI: 211579640
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to Bushrider
Quote:
Originally Posted by demondesmond View Post
Wie Gehts Jürgen,
Typhoon Max B and I couldn't be happier with them. Goretex with built in socks and neo cuffs/collar. Cost £299 each from [url=http://www.wetsuitoutlet.co.uk/]Wetsuit Outlet -
Hi - danke gut !
Had a look at the Typhoon Max B . Does your`s have a pee zip ??
The current price @ drysuit outlet is 349,-GBP which sounds reasonable - but the pee zip cost 75,-GBP extra (!!!)
Heard already a few times that their service is great - but their respond time on emails is´nt ..
The suit I am interested in they do not have in my size and no reply yet whether they will get it nearest time or not .. ((

Regards - Jürgen
Old 15 November 2012, 17:56   #47

RIBase
Hi ,
Currently I take this 2 suits into closer considerazion :

Typhoon Mens PS220 Xtreme / but not available in my size at the moment
2013 Typhoon Mens Ps220 Xtreme Drysuit with Con Zip Kayak Ocean Yellow Black - Mens - Drysuits Surface

or this :
Typhoon Multisport 4 / available in XXL but no rain hood ((
2013 Typhoon Multisport 4 Four Latex Seal Drysuit Con Zip Free Underfleece 100140 New 2013 - Mens
Old 15 November 2012, 20:22   #48

Town: N. Devon
Boat name: (Not Another) Nutkin
Make: Highfield
Length: 6m +
Engine: Outboard, Honda 135
MMSI: 232036183
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerny View Post
I think that surface dry suits are a better option for ribbing treerat.
Why's that then young sir?

Bude Dive Club - www.budediveclub.co.uk
GAFIRS - www.gafirs.org.uk
treerat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2012, 05:35   #49

Town: NorCal
Boat name: SHARKY
Make: AB
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF75 & BF5
Treerat, it really comes down to breatheability. Suits designed for scuba diving do not breathe. Surface suits designed to breathe are much better as you won't retain as much moisture in the suit causing you to get cold. Remember we sweat to cool ourselves.

My scuba drysuit often has water droplets all over the inside of the suit. And yes I do get chilled sometimes in my scuba suit from water both inside and outside.
Old 16 November 2012, 10:55   #50

RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by treerat View Post
Why's that then young sir?
Like Peter C says and...

them tanks are bl**dy heavy strapped on the back of em
Old 16 November 2012, 13:33   #51

Town: N Wales Chester
Boat name: Mr Smith
Do any makes sell a short fat dry suit?
Old 16 November 2012, 16:32   #52

Town: Glasgow
Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMBER P4VWL View Post

You could have a look at these guys: Ravenspring Ltd No idea if they are any good or not but at least they are made to measure.

Gull also do a "Medium/Broad" size for those of a more 'substantial' girth to the norm.

Old 16 November 2012, 16:45   #53

Town: yorkshire
Boat name: little vicky
Make: avon ex RNLI
Length: 3m +
Engine: tohatsu
Not critical but Internal shoulder braces are a big help if you can get a suit with them fitted , especially if its a hot day and you want to take the top part off with the sleeves tied in a knot around your waist ,
Otherwise you can get to look like Yogi bear with cartoon legs .
Old 16 November 2012, 17:17   #54

RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_C View Post
Treerat, it really comes down to breatheability. Suits designed for scuba diving do not breathe. Surface suits designed to breathe are much better as you won't retain as much moisture in the suit causing you to get cold. Remember we sweat to cool ourselves.

My scuba drysuit often has water droplets all over the inside of the suit. And yes I do get chilled sometimes in my scuba suit from water both inside and outside.
So you're really talking about breathable V non breathable dry suit rather than surface V scuba based. I have a surface suit (Typhoon) in which I sweat more than my cordura rescue suit - which is based on a PB diving suit. Whilst I suspect owners of the Bare dry suit or one of the Body glove breathable diving suits are better off then most of the non breathable surface suits.

I've tried breathable panels and the like in the past and find that after a year in the salt and spry they stop breathing properly anyhow.

Old 16 November 2012, 17:56   #55

Town: Wirral & Caernarfon
Boat name: That's Enuff
Make: Revenger & Avon SR4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Honda 150HP & 50HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMBER P4VWL View Post
HP, try MES Marine just off the Queensferry bypass, he's got a good selection and prices aren't too bad, worth a look see!
Old 16 November 2012, 23:27   #56

Town: NorCal
Boat name: SHARKY
Make: AB
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF75 & BF5
Quote:
So you're really talking about breathable V non breathable dry suit rather than surface V scuba based.
They do have different purposes and materials often, but not always. I have not heard of a breathable scuba suit, but am not an expert of the latest products on the market.

Quote:
I have a surface suit (Typhoon) in which I sweat more than my cordura rescue suit - which is based on a PB diving suit. Whilst I suspect owners of the Bare dry suit or one of the Body glove breathable diving suits are better off then most of the non breathable surface suits.
Could it be color related to the heat of the sun? Obviously darker colors...well you know. Rescue suits are typically a lighter orange or red vs black. My partner dives a Bare, but she doesn't sweat she perspires. Is the Typhoon a breathable material? I looked at their website and it appears all the new surface suits are breathable.

Quote:
I've tried breathable panels and the like in the past and find that after a year in the salt and spry they stop breathing properly anyhow.(
Are you soaking them after saturating them with salt water? I always wash my suits after a day in the salt water with a dunk in a fresh water filled tub.
Old 17 November 2012, 08:37   #57

RIBase
Quote:
They do have different purposes and materials often, but not always. I have not heard of a breathable scuba suit, but am not an expert of the latest products on the market.
The Bare one seems to be the new kid on the block but Polar Bears made some a few years back as have other companies now.

Quote:
Could it be color related to the heat of the sun? Obviously darker colors...well you know. Rescue suits are typically a lighter orange or red vs black. My partner dives a Bare, but she doesn't sweat she perspires. Is the Typhoon a breathable material? I looked at their website and it appears all the new surface suits are breathable.
Nope, not color but material. Not all surface suits will be made from breathable membranes. My Typhoon alpha isn't (new version is!) nor is my Palm or Canyon Gear dry tops and trousers. The new suits on the web site isn't what is actually out in the market place.

Quote:
Are you soaking them after saturating them with salt water? I always wash my suits after a day in the salt water with a dunk in a fresh water filled tub.
Oh yes, but with age, wear and use they seem to give up breathing and it becomes and expensive panel. It's possible that the new fabrics don't have this issue the last panel I had on a suit was gore-tex based.

This looks a great suit for the money at present, on offer too - Best Buy Gul Astro Kitesurf Drysuit Gcx4 2011 Model Sk0005 - Mens - Drysuits Surface Sports - Drysuits

Old 17 November 2012, 09:09   #58

RIBase
Quote:
The Bare one seems to be the new kid on the block but Polar Bears made some a few years back as have other companies now.

Nope, not color but material. Not all surface suits will be made from breathable membranes. My Typhoon alpha isn't (new version is!) nor is my Palm or Canyon Gear dry tops and trousers. The new suits on the web site isn't what is actually out in the market place.

Oh yes, but with age, wear and use they seem to give up breathing and it becomes and expensive panel. It's possible that the new fabrics don't have this issue the last panel I had on a suit was gore-tex based.

This looks a great suit for the money at present, on offer too - Best Buy Gul Astro Kitesurf Drysuit Gcx4 2011 Model Sk0005 - Mens - Drysuits Surface Sports - Drysuits
Most £300 + surface dry suits are breathable the ones that are will state it. I have had my crewsaver for 4 years it has latex collar, cuffs and boots, I chose that option because it was used for sea kayaking . I did sometimes sweat while using it but it is an active sport, on the other hand using it on the rib it has worked well. After use I always rinse it off with fresh water and make sure it is dry before storing it away, I have never used talc on the latex like some people do and it is still as good as the day I got it.

Look after your gear and it will look after you
Old 17 November 2012, 10:37   #59

Town: Bristol
Engine: Mercury 60 outboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siochair View Post
You could have a look at these guys: Ravenspring Ltd No idea if they are any good or not but at least they are made to measure.

Gull also do a "Medium/Broad" size for those of a more 'substantial' girth to the norm.

Had a ravenspring drysuit since 09 for jetsking and is still great 3 years on.... Was made to measure.... Highly recommended
Old 19 November 2012, 15:44   #60

RIBase
Hi folks ,
Will go for the Typhoone PS 220 from :

2013 Typhoon Mens Ps220 Xtreme Drysuit with Con Zip Kayak Ocean Yellow Black - Mens - Drysuits Surface

They told me today that my size will be on stock already on wednesday this week !
Seems I can test it soon on the Baltic Sea !!

BR Jürgen

*picture from their website
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PS220-Xtreme-Y-B.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	151.5 KB
ID:	74310