Old 17 July 2019, 21:04   #1

Town: Minnetonka
Boat name: Ugly Duckling
Make: zodiac F470
Length: 5m +
Engine: none yet....
DIY Roll-Up Deck for Zodiac F470

Howdy everyone I'm a newbie here.

So I bought a used zodiac f470 from the Minnesota DNR a few years ago and basically had it sitting in the shade covered and did not get around to checking out for leaks etc doing repairs until this week.

I've been told by a lot of people that it would probably have many holes excetera from the DNR use but in actuality it was used to rescue people on the ice to distribute the weight on thin ice and seems to be in great condition despite being made in the late 90s I believe.

I got it from my uncle's farm this week and have cleaned up and have only had to patch about five holes and repairs on the rubber floor using 3M 1011 super weatherstrip adhesive.

I still need to reattach most of the hand holds that have come off.

I don't have financial means to purchase a deck for it and did not want to make a plywood one because that would defeat the purpose of portability and being able to move it on my SUV hitch rack.

So I would like to make a Roll-Up hard floor for it and I'm hoping that y'all would have some great ideas on how I can accomplish that.

Perhaps sanded planks attached together of sufficient quality such as for a bed frame box spring support might suffice?

Though, I was hoping to be a bit more clever

Ex. Retrofitting a secondhand vinyl covered security aluminum roll up tonneau cover from Craigslist.

Cheers,
Ryan Shaughnessy

p.s. I will resize my photos from my computer then add them to this post.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	images(5).jpg
Views:	82
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	130106  

Tags
zodiac