Go Back   RIBnet Forums > RIB talk > RIBs & ribbing
Click Here to Login

Old 11 January 2023, 23:24   #1

Town: Orono
Difference Between Highfields

Greetings,

I am looking at purchasing a Highfields and was hoping someone could shed some light on the difference between the different models. As I understand the classic and the patrol series use the same hulls, the big difference come in the tubes. I have looked at the website and both boats are listed as having the ORCA Hypalon or PVC tubes. Could someone please confirm the hulls are the same and elaborate on the other differences.

Thanks,
Happy Ribbing
Old 12 January 2023, 01:59   #2

Town: NorCal
Boat name: SHARKY
Make: AB
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF75 & BF5
I would recommend calling Highfield USA or contact the dealer you would like to buy from to get the answers you desire.

Great boats! I recommend Orca, but there is a higher cost.
Old 12 January 2023, 19:00   #3

Town: Vancouver, BC
Boat name: Race Curtains
Make: Highfield
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha 115 Outboard
Depends on what size boat you're getting. The 420 and 460 are the only overlaps in the model series with the Patrols going larger and the Classic console's going smaller.

Same tube size in the 420 and 460's. Surprisingly, the classic is heavier but if I had to guess I'd say the console is included weight on the classic but not the Patrol.

Classics are mostly small tenders and Patrols go into their larger range. Marketing wise, Patrols are supposed to be tougher but I can't see a difference on paper. I'd rather go for a compressed large model than a stretched small model. For whatever reason, I think the Patrol might sit with tubes higher out of the water then the classic if larger versions are built to handle larger engines and transom weight. Less tube in the water means less growth, better fuel efficiency.
Old 11 March 2023, 17:20   #4

Town: San Diego
Various Models have different hulls. I work for a highfield dealer in San Diego. The patrols are much thicker and have more dead rise. They also have built in below helm fuel cells.
Old 11 March 2023, 19:59   #5

Town: Connecticut
Make: Zodiac
Length: 6m +
Engine: Undecided
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighfieldDealerSD View Post
Various Models have different hulls. I work for a highfield dealer in San Diego. The patrols are much thicker and have more dead rise. They also have built in below helm fuel cells.

What part is thicker? The aluminum plating?? I retubed a patrol model for a customer and it was no different than the standard UL models.
www.DinghyPro.net
cgoing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2023, 18:21   #6

Town: San Diego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_C View Post
I would recommend calling Highfield USA or contact the dealer you would like to buy from to get the answers you desire.

Great boats! I recommend Orca, but there is a higher cost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgoing View Post
What part is thicker? The aluminum plating?? I retubed a patrol model for a customer and it was no different than the standard UL models.