Old 28 March 2011, 18:58   #1

Length: 5m +
Delta Dash 5.5

Are these cat C or B. I am thinking they are cat B since they are more of a commercial rib?
Old 28 March 2011, 19:14   #2
RIBnet admin team

Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu 30HP
MMSI: 235089819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamsada
Are these cat C or B. I am thinking they are cat B since they are more of a commercial rib?
Neither for precisely the reason you state! Delta don't sell to public so are not recreational craft and therefore not ce marked.
Old 29 March 2011, 14:14   #3

Length: 6m +
I own a 6.0m X-Range, it is CE rated Cat C.

Raph
Old 29 March 2011, 21:18   #4

Town: Goudswaard
Boat name: mr D
Make: Deltapower
Engine: Yamaha f300 BETU
RIBase
Ralf - That must be an exception, since i am pretty sure (since been recently having a little queste on the subject recently) that delta is not really concerned about CE categories due to the type of customers the intend to service, as Polwart advised above.

I have been considering to do a ce inspection on my boat (also a delta) but noted that the eu rules on it in the netherlands can practically only be enforced the moment i would sell the boat to another private person, which would then be against the law.

How i understand it (cutting a few corners now), CE was intended to ensure a certain quality for batches of boats being built in for example low labor cost countries, but implementation of EU laws apparently dont make any exceptions for ex commercial crafts: There are no real lupeholes other than racing boats, rowing boats and experimental craft.

There furthermore seems to be a lot of- in my opinion- rather suggestive information on 'how bad it is' to have a non ce approved boat, but personally i have been mostly reading it on websites of surveyor companies who offer you post inspection surveys for considerable amounts of money. The dealbreaker for me was that although i could get it certified for a 3 digits number, my yanmar 4LH old school turbodiesel (prior 2006 engine) needed to be tested on emissions and noise and i think that it is as eco friendly on emissions as an east german trabant car would be, so i dropped the whole thing and promised myself not to sell the boat.

Above is experience on this subject in the netherlands and i am not sure how it is exactly dealt with in uk legislation...you will also most probably need to provide a manual (after all some warnings are not more than logic : dont put your boat in the bathtub or deflate it in the middle of the ocean!) but there are plenty better examples of such a manual to be found online. Also keep in mind that if the boat is built / brought into excistence prior to june 2008 ce will not be applicable in any case.

Good luck!

Gabor
Old 29 March 2011, 21:20   #5

RIBase
Ralf = Raph, apologies!
Old 29 March 2011, 22:19   #6
RIBnet admin team

Gohelm, it sounds very much like the Netherlands is similar to the UK. Nothing much actively done to enforce the RCD. In reality someone selling an ex-commercial non CE marked rib here is very unlikely to attract attention from the authorities; and even most buyers are unlikely to be that bothered. If someone was selling brand new boats or importing second hand boats from outside the EU without CE marking then that might get some officials interested - but it is regulated by people who look after consumer protection laws, underage alcohol/cigarette purchases, pirated music/videos, and a few dozen other rules - so usually know very little about boats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohelm View Post
Also keep in mind that if the boat is built / brought into excistence prior to june 2008 ce will not be applicable in any case.
I think 1998
Old 30 March 2011, 02:14   #7

Make: HumberOceanOffshore
Length: 8m +
Engine: Volvo KAD300/DPX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamsada View Post
The Dash is and old design so if it's an old boat it may be before CE rating. Are they still made?
Old 30 March 2011, 05:32   #8

RIBase
Polwart, yesi t's june 1998, same date as theCIN numbers started.. a typo,apologies
Old 06 March 2019, 21:13   #9

Boat name: Fiachra
Make: Delta
Engine: Out twin Yam 115 4 s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poly View Post
Neither for precisely the reason you state! Delta don't sell to public so are not recreational craft and therefore not ce marked.
Hi Poly and all. Delta do sell to the public I have bought three over the past 20 years from them. CE marked and built to far higher spec with all models being commercially rated and orientated.
Old 07 March 2019, 21:12   #10
RIBnet admin team

Quote:
Originally Posted by signypete View Post
Hi Poly and all. Delta do sell to the public I have bought three over the past 20 years from them. CE marked and built to far higher spec with all models being commercially rated and orientated.

You appear to have dug up a thread from 8 yrs ago. At the time delta were certainly not interested in consumer sales. A quick glance at their website suggests little has changed.