Old 04 August 2017, 16:24   #1

Town: Kidderminster
Boat name: Watershoot
Make: Gemini 6.5
Length: 6m +
Engine: Mercury 150
MMSI: 232010728
Cruising & Crewing

I have taken the plunge, and having looked at all options have gone for a rib share scheme where I get use one week in four, which actually suits my work pattern really well and means I have no hassle, fixed costs and use of a RIB I couldn't possibly afford to buy.

I was wondering a couple of things. I will be based in Gosport and with my old RIB always enjoyed going out with others for a cruise - Cowes for Lunch, day out to Poole, the odd trip to Cherbourg maybe or just a blast around the forts for fun - happy to do just about any trip.

Also, I may struggle to find a crew occasionally, so if there is anyone on the forums who doesn't have a RIB but would like to crew for some days out get in touch. This is actually how I got into owning my own RIB many many years ago, crewed for a chap for a season before getting my own.

Anyway, exciting times - shakedown run next Wednesday, then a full day out on Saturday 19th August and my firs week proper starts at the end of the month.

If anyone is interested in getting a cruise together, or crewing, get in touch and we can see what can be arranged
Old 06 August 2017, 15:58   #2

Town: Crawley
Boat name: BerryBuoys
Make: BananaShark
Engine: Mercury 115 EFi
MMSI: 235068187
Hi there, welcome back to boating; it sounds like the rib share would be a good option for you in the circumstances. Exciting times indeed :-).

I'd like to be considered for occasional crewing if that's okay? We had to sell our rib last week and I'm suffering withdrawal symptoms and sellers regret :-(.

I myself live in Crawley, Sussex, most of my family live in the Solent area though so I'm down there quite a bit, and that's where we've done most of our boating. I'm quite good at following orders :-).

Understand if you find you don't need it; have fun with your new toy!

Ian
Old 06 August 2017, 19:52   #3

Town: Kidderminster
Boat name: Watershoot
Make: Gemini 6.5
Engine: Mercury 150
MMSI: 232010728
Hi Ian

Thanks for your reply - I know exactly what you mean by sellers regret - haven't really settles since I sold my last RIB - which was mainly due to having to tow her for 4 hours to find water and using her becoming more and more complicated.

If you want to pm me your contact number or email I can let you know when I am going to be down there and any times I may beed some assistance and you could come for a run out.

Graeme