Old 25 June 2018, 22:03   #1

Length: 7m +
Chine Guard / protectors

So this is a strange one! The chines on my Revenger are very 'sharp' as opposed to rounded and they are causing me problems when trying to find a suitable dry dock (the boat tends to rest on the chines on the the dock and the chines seem to be fragile on the edge making them susceptible to damage).

So, in the same fashion as I have a Keel Guard, is there such a thing I can glue onto the chines?

Another more drastic solution I thought of (I definitely want to have a dry dock) is to 'round off' the sharp edges of the chines at a boat builders and refinish.

Causing me sleepless nights!!
Old 25 June 2018, 22:50   #2
RIBnet admin team

Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu 30HP
MMSI: 235089819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenger715 View Post
So this is a strange one! The chines on my Revenger are very 'sharp' as opposed to rounded and they are causing me problems when trying to find a suitable dry dock (the boat tends to rest on the chines on the the dock and the chines seem to be fragile on the edge making them susceptible to damage).

So, in the same fashion as I have a Keel Guard, is there such a thing I can glue onto the chines?

Another more drastic solution I thought of (I definitely want to have a dry dock) is to 'round off' the sharp edges of the chines at a boat builders and refinish.

Causing me sleepless nights!!
I think what you refer to are spray rails and intentionally "sharp". If you can't find a dock with the right shape keel / roller arrangement, could you add some rubber type material to the area(s) where the rails would contact? The plastic itself is usually HDPE and relatively soft.