Old 15 March 2003, 07:43   #1

Town: Great Harwood, Lancs
Boat name: Tigger II
Make: Bombardier Aerodeck
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu 25HP
Cheap lift outs

Does anyone know any locations where a RIB can be lifted out, without a trailer stored for a few days them relaunched.

I dont have a trailer and have been quoted 100 quid PER LIFT in and out plus storage, .

Most of the marinas are charging similar.

I need to being my rib out (when it arrives) to antifoul it then put it back in. As I intend for it to stay in the water I didnt get a trailer (to big to tow anyway, well with my car anyway ).

Not even worried if the locations not that secure, for the two days it will take to antifoul I will stay with it.

Anyone know of any where cheaper, needs to be in North West or North Wales though?.

Regards Gary
Old 15 March 2003, 08:03   #2

Make: FB 55
Length: 10m +
Hi Gary
Just a thought - if you do acquire a trailer (beg, borrow or steal) it will pose no end of problems anti-fouling the hull because of the rollers etc. The owner of the trailer will get mightily cheesed off if so much as a drop of anti-foul ends up on the trailer. Sometimes one has to bite the bullet and get it lifted out and placed on blocks (chocks) of wood thereby enabling you to do a proper job of anti-fouling it. As I said, it's just an observation. You could stick it back in the water a couple of hours later.
Old 15 March 2003, 08:10   #3

Town: Salisbury
Length: 5m +
Have you

got a quote for a marina to do the antifouling, I have been quoted X amount per foot in the past.

Given that you are already looking at spending 200+ quid it may be worth getting a quote for the whole job to be done, especially as it is a pig of a job and no good for your health being poisonous stuff

do what the yaghties do, use the tide, make up some wooden supports and wait till the tide wips out !! LOL
Old 15 March 2003, 08:16   #4

Make: FB 55
Length: 10m +
Good idea Matiboy - I do not know what the marinas are like over there, but we have drying berths at the corner of our marinas. Tie your boat up over the drying berth and wait for the tide to disappear. Do your anti-fouling and wait for it to float again.
Remember to place supports on either side of the hull ensuring the boat stays more or less upright.
Anti-fouling is a painful job, but if you can wield a paintbrush and roller it really is no problem - save yourself £100.00 which can be used for fuel instead.
Old 15 March 2003, 09:21   #5
DM
RIBnet supporter

Boat name: Little Wing
Make: Searider 5.4
Engine: Tohatsu 90
Lift out.

Pwhelli harbour on the lleyn peninsular has lift out facilities and several secure storage yards. Rather than pay a pontoon fee, many of the local owners use the secure storage. A phone call the day before a cruise will ensure the boat is in the water for when you arrive. This negates the need for antifouling. Also, the area is a brilliant cruising ground with Snowdonia as a background and handy for IOM, Anglesey and Ireland. The harbour is also accessible at all tide states.

Daffydd(yaki dar)Manning
Old 15 March 2003, 10:03   #6

Town: scotland
Boat name: Leviathan
Make: Phantom
Length: 8m +
Engine: GM Diesels
Just seen your sig, very good, but I thought your name was Mainwaring, not manning! LOL.

There are times when I hate my computer!
Attached Images

Old 15 March 2003, 10:16   #7
DM
RIBnet supporter

Boat name: Little Wing
Make: Searider 5.4
Engine: Tohatsu 90
Quote:
Originally posted by Jon Fuller
but I thought your name was Mainwaring,
You can call me Captain but remember, never say boo to the skipper.

p.s. Anadins are in the post
Old 15 March 2003, 10:24   #8

Town: Blackpool
Boat name: To Exi
Make: new sib 4 man
Length: 8+ft
Engine: Mariner 4hp long shaft
You could Join Blackpool and Fleetwood club.They have a 15 ton hoist and its only down the river.Stay at Skipool and antifoul on Blocks,then back up the river to Fleetwood marina. Or I have a launcher for a atlantic 75 you can borrow at your own risk and pull her out at Stanna no cost as its a public slip.Or you can dry out just behind Tigers tail on the sands and antifoul as others do at fleetwood providing you can take the flat ground,sand/shells, if you sort out the Blocks/cradle this could be posititoned before,Have a look at the ground at low water.Drive her on after high water and hold her there,till she touches, and hay presto she is dry till the next tide and it has only cost you the cradle/block Price.

If you want a nominator to become a member of BYFC then PM me.

The houl out and in is £35 for in/ out.

Holyheads in out on own trailer is £15.00 each way on there tractor providing you are permanent berth.

Enjoy your new rib and look forward to some cruising next yr.
Old 15 March 2003, 12:01   #9

Town: SOUTHAMPTON
Boat name: Won't get Fooled Again
Make: Ribtec
Length: 6.5
Engine: Honda 130
HI

looks like you have enough advice here to get you sorted. The lift price seems extraordinarly high. I wouldn't pay more than 50 quid each way and that would be with a Druids Curse.

Cheers Suart
Old 15 March 2003, 14:36   #10

Town: Salisbury
Get your saw

out and make a couple of simple v shape blocks , strap them on under the hull while in the water and just wait
Old 17 March 2003, 08:01   #11

Town: Great Harwood, Lancs
Boat name: Tigger II
Make: Bombardier Aerodeck
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu 25HP
Hi folks

crazyhorse, what you say makes a lot of sence. I object to £100 each way which with VAT what most was charging.

Could you drop me some details of the club membership, fees etc as I was planning on joining Glasson clun where i used to be a member but they have no lift out facility. May join Blackpool and Fleetwood club instead.

Using somone elses trailer is not a good option was you say i would not ba happy if it came back covered in pain.

Thanks Gary
Old 17 March 2003, 08:41   #12

Town: SOUTHAMPTON
Boat name: Won't get Fooled Again
Make: Ribtec
Length: 6.5
Engine: Honda 130
I imagine you would be covered with pain if you gave somebody back a trailer covered in antifoul

Glad it's getting sorted