Go Back   RIBnet Forums > RIB talk > RIBs & ribbing
Click Here to Login

Old 18 July 2012, 11:19   #1
SR4

Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Mercury 50hp
CEVNI Test using RYA Interactive

Anyone else used the RYA Interactive site to sit their CEVNI test? I am renewing my ICC and thought I might as well do my CEVNI test to give me more cruising possibiltes with my RIB and get it noted on the ICC, I never knew about the online capability until I did a google search for a place to sit it, anyway you have to register with a sea school and pay the a £20 fee (what a pure con) and then go to the RYA site enter a code and do the exam. You can practice on the RYA website for free and without logging in but need an Explorer browser, here it is for free training and practice http://www.ryainteractive.org/mod/sc...coid=354&ch=76 Click in as a guest

It is a piece of cake and common sense, I went through the example questions 3 x times, cocked up a few but it is like a parrot learning signs, after three goes sat the test and got 100% in both I still think you can pass with less.

You print off the certificate at the end, job done, oh! and post it to the RYA if you want to include it in your ICC
Old 18 July 2012, 11:30   #2

Town: hampshire
Length: 7m +
it's a pain you can't do the training if you've got a mac, would have thought the RYA would have sorted that by now. Good idea though.
Old 18 July 2012, 11:46   #3
SR4

Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Mercury 50hp
Yes I know I found that out earlier, same as only available on Explorer browser

I remember when the test was £10 including instruction, now no instructors required, done remotely online and charge £20!! progress I think they call it

Nice little eraner for the sea school who let you register with their site and then send you an email with a code redirecting you o the RYA site to do the test, you even print off your own certificate, so the school get £20 for doing pretty much F all except send an auto email

Beware when you fill in your ICC renewal it does not have any details of what you should do if you sat the online test nor any instructions, pretty poor really as they have been doing this since Feb 12, it states you have to have the section signed by the school and instructor/examiner, I just put a copy of my CEVNI pass certificate in so fingers crossed that will do the job

Also beware that on the example tests, you will not get all possibilities in one test, I did three and seem to have covered most, well all that appeared in the test, maybe lucky but if like me you have never seen one of those signs before make sure you do it enough times that no new ones come up. Some of the signs made no logical sense to me but hey ho you just play their game, it's like a kids memory card game