Course I will
BigMacBushcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2017, 20:33   #62

Town: Southampton
Make: Carson
Length: 10m +
New Numbers

Great!

I see you picked 400 last time. Perhaps 950 next or maybe 1010?
Old 29 October 2017, 20:40   #63

Town: Outdoors
Boat name: Non name
Make: Avon Seasport
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yamaha 60HP
I have a 30 something year old Carson 400 that you kindly helped me identify a while back. It is still holding air well and very usable.
When my lottery numbers come up I will definitely pop up to Buckie and place an order for one of its bigger siblings
BigMacBushcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2017, 20:47   #64

Yes I remember. Hope the 400 continues to give you good service, but not for too long, we'd love you to have one of her bigger siblings!!!
Old 06 November 2017, 12:27   #65

CARSON 10M RIB Commercial/Expedition Wheelhouse

For those that have been following progress on the new Carson Interceptor Class RIBs here's some 3D renders of the new wheelhouse version, the Carson 1010, being a tad over 10m plus engines and aft protection bar. Can also have inboard diesels and be supplied in both shorter and longer versions.

Primarily for professional offshore operations but would also make a great expedition cruiser, diver support, survey, patrol or seafari boat, etc. With outboards it falls within the 3,500kgs limit so can be legally towed by a decent 4x4. Thus the world is your ribster!

This hull is quite unique and sea trials in varied conditions have proven not only its great handling and speed abilities but also the inbuilt shock mitigation advantages of this hull concept.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Wheelhouse Render 4.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	122574   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wheelhouse Render 2.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	122575   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wheelhouse Render 3.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	122576   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wheelhouse Render 1.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	122577  
Old 06 November 2017, 13:48   #66
Administrator

Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
PM sent
Old 04 August 2019, 14:17   #67

Town: CA
Make: Zodiac RIB-P
Length: 7m +
Engine: Suzuki 250
Would this be one of yours? Seen in Avalon Catalina Island

Name:	IMG_2037.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	214.2 KB
ID:	130335
Old 04 August 2019, 14:53   #68

I don't think it is. Photo's not very clear although similar profile to some of mine. Have you any more info or photos?
Old 04 August 2019, 18:38   #69

Make: HumberOceanOffshore
Length: 8m +
Engine: Volvo KAD300/DPX
You've been kinda quiet of late, Barry. We could do with some more serious teckie stuff, Ribnet is getting a bit fluffy.
Old 05 August 2019, 00:29   #70

Sorry I didn’t realize it was so badly picture, just a quick snap as I went by. The bow looked very similar. It didn’t have inflatable tubes but looked like it had a thin foam collar.
Old 05 August 2019, 06:14   #71

Town: Cornwall
Boat name: Matchless
Make: Ribcraft 6.8m
Length: 6m +
Engine: Mercury 3.4l 225 V6
MMSI: 232028056
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtalljv View Post
Sorry I didn’t realize it was so badly picture, just a quick snap as I went by. The bow looked very similar. It didn’t have inflatable tubes but looked like it had a thin foam collar.

Looks like an Axopar t-top
Old 05 August 2019, 10:45   #72

It's definitely not a Carson and I agree with RickW. It may be an Axopar or similar. Have a gander on my website and you can compare with current and recent design projects. I also have a few other new models currently in design that will be added soon and also on my Facebook.
Old 06 August 2019, 02:44   #73

Ok, looks like you’re right. I’d say and Axopar 37. Big top and twins. I lighted up my picture but now I can’t attach it.
Old 07 August 2019, 02:20   #74

How about this picture. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2037.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	228.6 KB
ID:	130382
Old 07 August 2019, 05:59   #75

Town: Cornwall
Boat name: Matchless
Make: Ribcraft 6.8m
Length: 6m +
Engine: Mercury 3.4l 225 V6
MMSI: 232028056
RIBase
Barrus branded axopar
Old 21 July 2020, 19:02   #76

BARRY CARSON WINS HIGH COURT CASE AGAINST PROBOND MARINE Ltd.

Damages & Costs Awarded to Boat Designer Barry Carson

Intellectual Property & Enterprise Court strikes out Probond Marine’s case: 30 June 2020

Probond also in breach of High Court Orders

Breach of Contract * Carson Interceptor RIB Designs * IP Rights * Royalties * Commissions * Other Matters

Over two years in the High Court.

Barry Carson, Designer of Carson RIBs.

Colin MacAndrew, MD of Probond Marine Ltd., going into administration. Also "Advisor to the Board" of The Ultimate Boat Company (now at Clydesdale, Glasgow).
For more information see Carson's website:

Colin MacAndrew, MD of Probond Marine Ltd., going into administration. Also "Advisor to the Board" of The Ultimate Boat Company (UBC), now at Clydesdale, Glasgow.

Old 23 July 2020, 06:25   #77

Town: southampton
Boat name: TOP CAT 2
Make: Scorpion 8.1
Length: 8m +
Engine: 250hp HO
Someone splash your boats?
Old 23 July 2020, 06:49   #78

A bit more than that. If you go to www.carson-marine.co.uk there are more details under the updates/news menu.
Old 29 June 2021, 10:51   #79

Re The Ultimate Boat Company (UBC) & Probond Marine

Of interest to boat designers, builders and users

Re The Ultimate Boat Company (UBC) & Probond Marine

Due to further developments since first reporting Carson's win in the High Court against Probond Marine/Colin MacAndrew/macandrc, Carson is compelled to update this matter:

The Ultimate Boat Company's Shane Mugan and Colin MacAndrew (also of Probond) have, interalia, publicly denigrated Carson RIB designs and made knowingly false allegations and claims that are considered defamatory and harassing against Carson personally. The post below is a condensed account. For a more in depth report please go to our website and see the PDF attached.

CARSON'S WIN IN HIGH COURT AGAINST PROBOND MARINE LTD. (MD Colin James MacAndrew, now at The Ultimate Boat Co., Glasgow & IOM)

Intellectual Property & Enterprise Court strikes out Probond Marine’s case: 30 June 2020.

1 year on Probond still not paid damages/costs awarded to Carson.
Valuable assets hidden & others claimed deliberately destroyed by MacAndrew/Probond deny creditors & Carson their rightful monies.
Destructive role played by Shane Mugan (Owner/Director of The Ultimate Boat Company)

Following further malicious false claims and fake news posted by Colin MacAndrew & Shane Mugan, both of The Ultimate Boat Company (UBC), Glasgow & Isle of Man, Carson has been compelled to update this statement of facts in more detail on documented evidence.

* Over two years in the High Court.
* Disputed matters before the Court: Breach of Contract * Carson Interceptor RIB Designs * IP Rights * Royalties * Commissions * Other Matters
* Damages & costs awarded to Barry Carson (Carson RIBs).
* Probond’s case struck out in its entirety after failing to provide evidence and attend trial.
* Probond held in Breach of Contract and also High Court Orders before trial with further breaches committed after trial.
* No findings of wrongdoing by Carson contrary to MacAndrew’s publicly repeated allegations.
* Colin James MacAndrew, MD of Probond Marine Ltd. has now ceased trading.
* Shane Michael Mugan, previously involved with Probond and now
Owner/Director of newly formed The Ultimate Boat Company (UBC), played an instrumental role and was root cause of the dispute that led to the High Court.
* Dispute began immediately Mugan got involved with Probond. MacAndrew appointed Mugan as mouthpiece. With no prospect of winning the case MacAndrew began winding-up Probond and joined with Mugan in starting The Ultimate Boat Company, initially in the same premises in Cullen, Scotland.
* Damages & costs awarded to Carson remain unpaid.
* With no prospect of winning and following trial & judgment against him MacAndrew proceeded to hide assets, destroy and send to landfill various high value production moulds, stock & new demonstrator boats thus avoid paying Carson’s damages with costs and Probond’s numerous other creditors.
* Carson’s claim exceeds £640k. Numerous other creditors are also left out of pocket by hundreds of thousands of Pounds.
* MacAndrew’s actions are considered a deliberate and vindictive process to avoid his legal and moral obligations to Carson, his staff, suppliers, service providers and many other creditors.
* MacAndrew now refers to himself as "Advisor to the Board" of UBC in Clydesdale, Glasgow. Mugan and his wife are the Owners Directors of UBC. Mugan also describes himself as “Growth Advisory Board Member”. Some of Mugan’s other interests include Exo Technoligies, TYNC Design, Hibernia Capital, Novo Altum and Emeritus, all based on the IOM the same as UBC’s registered office.
* 6 months after losing his case MacAndrew and or others, on Christmas Eve and morning 2020, posted numerous personal insults, defamatory comments and allegations knowing them to be all completely fabricated and false against Carson’s boat designs and personal good character and reputation.
* Failing to achieve his aims, on New Year’s Eve MacAndrew emailed Carson threatening to post more lies if his demands were not met, inter alia, that Carson remove all legitimate reporting regarding this court case and its outcome. Unlike MacAndrew’s allegations and posts all material posted by Carson is factual and fully supported with documented evidence.
* Mugan had previously posted some of the same as MacAndrew on UBC’s Facebook (see our website). This was cut and pasted by MacAndrew proving further collusion between them to compulsively lie about these matters and their concerted effort to harm Carson’s good name.
* Additionally, Mugan has emailed Carson directly adding further insults and more fabricated claims regarding same.
* Police and other authorities are informed and have written to MacAndrew advising his actions are unlawful, to seek legal advice and warning him he may face future prosecution.
* Carson is taking legal advice and considering further action against MacAndrew and Mugan of UBC.
* All matters are ongoing and further updates will be posted.

Colin James MacAndrew contact details: colin@ultimate-boats.com and ahoy@ultimate-boats.com and marketing@ultimate-boats.com and sales@probondmarine.co.uk

Phone numbers 07793 874346 & 0141 941 0447 (at The Ultimate Boat Company).

Addresses used: The Old Mill Of Newton, Clatt, Huntly, Aberdeenshire, Scotland, AB54 4PE and Corrennie Cottage, Midmar, Inverurie, Aberdeenshire, Scotland, AB517NQ and Indulf House, Lintmill, Cullen, Moray, Scotland, AB56 4XQ.

Shane Michael Mugan contact details: shane.mugan@hibernia.im and ahoy@ultimate-boats.com and marketing@ultimate-boats.com
Phone numbers 07624 390700, 01624 853690 & 0141 941 0447 (at The Ultimate Boat Company).

Addresses used: 88 King Edward Rd., Onchan, IOM, IM3 2AU and Ballafreer Cottage, Ballafreer Lane, Union Mills, IOM, IM4 4AS and Hibernia Marine Ventures Ltd. (also Hibernia Capital), 8 St. George’s St., Douglas, IOM, IM1 1AH. Also The Ultimate Boat Co., Clydebank Industrial Est., G81 4HT. Glasgow.

For more detailed statement of facts go to www.carson-marine.co.uk/update-news
Old 29 June 2021, 11:03   #80

Disputed Carson Interceptor Designs

Carson Interceptor class: Disputed designs - Shane Mugan and Colin Macandrew of The Ultimate Boat Company (and Probond Marine) unsuccessfully claimed it as their original design. High Court rejected this when striking out their claims entirely and awarded Carson damages with costs.

Name:	Copy 2.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	137899

Tags
rib