Click Here to Login

Old 23 October 2008, 03:08   #1

Town: Glasgow
Boat name: Pacific22
Make: Halmatic
Length: 6m +
Engine: Volvo Penta D6 350
MMSI: 235068452
Calling Pac22 owners (a couple of questions)

Alright there folks,
My brother and I have replaced the lift / trim rams and taken the boat out for a spin and she runs sweet as a nut!
All thats left to do this year is to get some Nav equipment and decent radio (and apply for licence of course) and get a new A Frame with additional storage made as the origional was buckled, oh and try think of a name for her!

I have been reading through some old posts and I see a few members have fitted a Vetus 170L fuel tank, I was just wondering if this tank here is the one you guys have been talking about

http://www.totalboatcare.com/store/i...oklt3gp768ie14

and how easy was it to fit?

On another note a couple of chambers in the sponsons have as many leaks as a colander but hold well enough only to be pumped up at the start of each day, we are planning on replacing the sponsons next year when they will be off anyway to get the hull cleaned up and repainted white so I was wondering where you would recommend going for sponsons ?(was thinking about replacing with dark blue ones)

I was also wondering what the easiest way of squeezing a few more ponies out the engine is to try get a bit more speed out of her as she is supposidly fitted with the latter 204HP turbo 4 varient (she was built in 1995)

Many thanks
Graeme
Old 23 October 2008, 10:24   #2

Town: Glasgow
Boat name: Thunder
Make: Halmatic Arctic 22
Length: 6m +
Engine: 2 x 150 Etec
Hi,

You might want to speak to the guy we got the Arctic from, his name is Jon at National A1 Marine tel - 0151 909 8067. He refurbed our boat including fitting a new stainless in deck tank, don't know if its the same on the Pacific but i know he's done a few of them as well. I would speak to Henshaw about your sponsons they were the original manufacturers for Halmatic.

Hope this helps.
Old 23 October 2008, 11:05   #3

Town: Gosport
Boat name: April Lass
Make: Moody 31
Length: 9m +
Graeme hi,

I put a 170 litre tank into a P22.

http://rib.net/forum/showthread.php?...acific+console

The space under the console is an almost perfect fit for the the Vetus tank you linked to. I had to slightly trim the forward bulkhead with an angle grinder and make up the gap at the side of the tank with marine ply. Also make a strong base for the tank to sit on, but no great problems.

Tubes, well Eurocraft in Leyland, Henshaws or Paul Tilley. Both Chris from Henshaws and Paul are members of this forum.

If you have 204 hp have you now fitted a bigger prop to use the extra power? I had a 21" prop changed to 22" which gave 30-31 knots when lightly loaded. Would have liked to try a bigger 23" prop but just couldn't find one. The standard 21" props are sold by Lancing who buy them off Silette who import them from Italy were they are made. However it's a closed shop and I couldn't break the supply chain to reduce costs or have them make a different size, hence the mod from 21 to 22".

Pete