With a 7.8m hull, width and rake of tubes to the bow are ging to be the most important things t check.
For mine, I measured Biff's mould width at 12" intervals, and the height of the console face. Then measured my the width of my tube centres at 12" intervals.
The scale drawing showed that the cabin would sit on my tubes, but inboard of the centre, as opposed to outboard of the centre as on Biff's boat, asmine is slightly wider. Also showed that my tubes are lower to the floor than on Biff's, so top f console is not quite so high.
The big issue would have been the rake of the tubes towards the bow. For this, I took side on pics of Biff's Rib, and mine, scaled them so they were about the same scale, printed. Cut the cabin top off the pic of Biff's boat, and stuck it on top of mine. there were no big gaps, which suggested it could work.
The final proof, was when we removed my console, and placed his mould on top. Could have just done that in the first place, but it's unnecessary hassle if you are really not sure if it will work.
Anyway... worked a treat. But it was a lot of hard work (for Biff and team), and meant the boat was off the water for months. Still not got the cabin upholstered