Old 15 July 2012, 15:41   #1

Town: Rochester
Make: Willard/Zodiac/UDT
Length: 7m +
Engine: Outboard & diesel IO
Cabin for 7M willard...

I recently purchased a 7M willard RIB from GSA and am looking to covert it to twin outboards and add an aluminum mid cabin.

I have searched and found a few zodiac 733's with cabins. I have means of fabricating one out of aluminum but I am looking for someone or a company that does these so I can possibly get a design, advice or just purchase one.

In addition to the cabin is there anyone building outboard brackets for these? I believe I've heard about a company called armstrong?

Thank you
Old 25 July 2012, 04:34   #2

Town: Santa Barbara, CA
Boat name: Searider 4m + 5.4m
Make: Avon
Length: 5m +
Engine: Outboard
Hi Jake,
There is a thread on spearboard.com that's got a ton of info on Radon boats which are really popular amongst the commercial urchin fleet in Santa Barbara. You may want to browse around there for ideas:
California Dive Boats -- the legend of Radon (pictures) - Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Social Media Forum
I designed and built a little pilothouse for my Avon 5.4mtr which has been great. It's quite easy to do if you want to go stitch-and-glue with cored composite panels.
I know the Anderson and Radon boatyards here in Santa Barbara routinely add pilothouses onto all kinds of boats (Whalers, Pangas....) it may be worthwhile to hit them up. They are all plywood or composite though, not sure if they do Aluminum.
If you find out anything, please let me know. My good buddy's got a Willard 7.3 and he's been thinking the same thing.
Cheers,

Ole

here are some photos of my tiny setup:
Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Social Media Forum - View Single Post - California Dive Boats -- the legend of Radon (pictures)
Old 26 July 2012, 02:38   #3

Town: Fairfield
Boat name: Sunrider
Make: Zodiac
Length: 7.3
Engine: MerCruiser (bio)diesel 180hp I/O
I have a zodiac 733 setup for long ocean crossings with an aluminum cabin that you would be welcome to take a look at for ideas - although perfect for the use it was designed for, the layout limits movement forward in favor of maximum storage and weather protection....

I' ve got it stripped of electronics and equipment at the moment in anticipation of an upgrade. I've attached some pictures for reference and would be happy to send more if that would be helpful.....however there are no plans because it was a one-off and made up as fabrication progressed.
bryan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	boat 012.jpg
Views:	710
Size:	201.0 KB
ID:	70559   Click image for larger version

Name:	sunrider rebuild 015.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	150.8 KB
ID:	70560   Click image for larger version

Name:	boat 011.jpg