Click Here to Login

Old 20 July 2007, 22:56   #21

Town: Gosport
Boat name: April Lass
Make: Moody 31
Length: 9m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tims Osprey View Post
The attaque and assault range are inshore ribs, the destroyer and ocean pro are the offshore range, horses for courses if you know what i'm saying.
Err no I don't. The Assault is a shallow V hull, however the Attaque is a completely different hull and in a completely different league. Its been around for a very long time and many are still doing sterling work. We have one in the dive club still going strong after 20 years.

Quote:
Ospreys are excellent sea going ribs so are Tornado as mentioned earlier
Agreed, something like this should fit the budget and offer more room than a Searider 5.4m.

http://www.boatsandoutboards.co.uk/view/F139269/

Pete
Old 21 July 2007, 11:31   #22

Town: Bristol
Make: Humber Destroyer
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha 70
MMSI: 235057234
Attaque

[QUOTE=Pete7;210544] Err no I don't. The Assault is a shallow V hull, however the Attaque is a completely different hull and in a completely different league. Its been around for a very long time and many are still doing sterling work. We have one in the dive club still going strong after 20 years.

Having owned a humber attaque for 1 season (2nd boat) i base my comments on experience as well! and for me the attaque was not up to the job in a rough sea, very slammy compared to a tornado of similar size, in fact the tornado was smaller (4.8) the attaque was 5m, i kept the tornado for 3 seasons and sold the attaque, the attaque hull is not in my view a deep vee so sorry i have to disagree.
Old 21 July 2007, 15:33   #23

Town: Bristol
Make: Humber Destroyer
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha 70
MMSI: 235057234
[QUOTE=Tims Osprey;210566]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete7 View Post
Err no I don't. The Assault is a shallow V hull, however the Attaque is a completely different hull and in a completely different league. Its been around for a very long time and many are still doing sterling work. We have one in the dive club still going strong after 20 years.

Having owned a humber attaque for 1 season (2nd boat) i base my comments on experience as well! and for me the attaque was not up to the job in a rough sea, very slammy compared to a tornado of similar size, in fact the tornado was smaller (4.8) the attaque was 5m, i kept the tornado for 3 seasons and sold the attaque, the attaque hull is not in my view a deep vee so sorry i have to disagree.
Not saying that the attaque hull is no good mind you! i know that humber have based a lot of their hulls around this design, originally called the apple for some reason? the Atlantis was based on this hull too, just preferred the tornado though in the rough.
Old 21 July 2007, 18:43   #24
Administrator

Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
Quote:
Having owned a humber attaque for 1 season (2nd boat) i base my comments on experience as well!
My first RIB was a Humber Attaque. Used it once and decided it had to go . . .

John