Old 01 May 2022, 19:34   #1

Town: Nottinghamshire
Boat name: Wakey
Make: Tornado
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mariner 75 2 stroke
Break Out Another Thousand

Break Out Another Thousand! Now I understand.
I haven't posted an update for a while with my Tornado rebuild....and the reason...four week's back my world started to spin with a bout of Vertigo. The first week was hell the second week i was in bed and by the third week and until this day I have just felt a little drunk. I have been able to work on my boat though, however at a much slower pace and things have been difficult. But the good news is the hull is ready to have it's new tubes and James from XS ribs contacted me last week to tell me he was ready when I'm ready...so off it goes next week, now I'm trying to play it cool but honest I feel like a kid at Christmas as it's been a long time coming.
My time in bed layed up wasn't completely wasted though, as I took the opportunity to order a load of stuff. A simple mornings work but bugger me it's easy to spend money on boats. As soon as you put the word's marine or boat in front of your search and the price trebles. The next few day's parcels arrived at a steady pace. The trailer has got new suspension units and 100mm hub's, I have three new 13" wheels to replace the 12" wheels on four inch hub's the reason for the change is the 12 inch wheels and tyres are not so easy to find and expensive but the 13" are much cheaper and are due to the tyres being 1inch lower profile they are the same size as the 12" I had on. I will be replacing all the square u bolt's (struggling to find a couple of sizes though) and all the bolts have been ordered but the snail delivery has been held up. I have found a fella to make my seats and the backrest. New vhf radio that is much smaller than i imagined and that's a good thing....new 12v fused switch panel and a twin tone horn.
I got the keel and transom painted in black flocoat and then hours of sanding and polishing so all evidence of a keel guard has vanished.....so glad i got rid of it but as predicted it was so much hard work.
While the tubes are being fitted I will make the second jockey seat (materials sourced from the good folk at Eastcoast Fiberglass) I will wrap the console in black vinyl and raw carbon looking vinyl to go on the instrument panel. I have got a service kit for the outboard and new water jacket gasket, new thermostat and gasket, fuel pump service kit.
So still plenty to do with plenty more to order. Boating expensive.....what ya talking about.
Bye for now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220419_095808.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	152.1 KB
ID:	140389   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220429_132745.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	291.9 KB
ID:	140390   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220429_145411.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	278.0 KB
ID:	140391   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220501_165552.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	153.4 KB
ID:	140392   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220501_161728.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	284.0 KB
ID:	140393  

Old 01 May 2022, 21:44   #2

Town: Appley Bridge
Boat name: RedNeck
Make: Excel SD360
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mercury EFI 20HP
MMSI: 235924407
What sizes if "square" u bolts are you struggling with and how many? Got some in the workshop, if they are the right size you can have them. I'll save you some penny's from your £1000's
Old 02 May 2022, 13:11   #3

Town: Nottinghamshire
Boat name: Wakey
Make: Tornado
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mariner 75 2 stroke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve509926 View Post
What sizes if "square" u bolts are you struggling with and how many? Got some in the workshop, if they are the right size you can have them. I'll save you some penny's from your £1000's
Thanks for that....I will have a look at what size I'm missing and get back to you.
Cheers Paul.
Old 02 May 2022, 15:46   #4

Town: London
Boat name: No Name
Make: Honwave
Length: 3m +
Engine: Outboard
Good work. Looks like you are moving forward well