RIBnet admin team

Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu 30HP
MMSI: 235089819
Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
Missus willk is delighted when I go boating (alone) because I'm a charter skipper and she collects the earnings.

And she knows you’ll be away for hours and she get up to whatever the hell she likes without your complaining...
Old 07 December 2020, 21:49   #22

Town: Gloucester
Boat name: Lunasea
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzi 140
MMSI: 232005050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poly View Post
And she knows you’ll be away for hours and she get up to whatever the hell she likes without your complaining...
Yes, I always wonder what Mrs T may be buying - especially for me to build / fit / plant whilst i'm away for the day on the boat (if she's not with me), but i've had a ay on the water so don't really mind.

Some intersting ideas, here, thanks all....birthday coming up in Jan if the hints aren't taken at Xmas
Old 08 December 2020, 09:30   #23

Town: Argyll
Length: 4m +
I've found an anchor bungee to be quite useful https://boatworld.co.uk/boatworld-anchor-bungee
Old 08 December 2020, 10:02   #24

Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
RIBase
Many moons ago I got a set of Smartwool merino thermals. They were a tad expensive at the time, but I've used them for boating/skiing/diving/winter hill walking & they've served me well and still going strong. I wouldn't think twice about buying the same again. Not a particularly glam or bling pressie, but the kind of thing that you're glad you had.
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4:Don't feed the troll
Pikey Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 December 2020, 10:24   #25

Town: suffolk
Boat name: not yet
Make: Gemini
Engine: Suzuki 140
My tip is the same as last year and is a set of aftershokz bone vibration head phones , they are waterproof ,bluetooth to your phone so you you can bury your phone underneath the drysuit , you have a last number redial on headphone and if you know these things you can call anybody using google assistant ,even the coastguard !!,, the ones i have are waterproof but you can get them to swim in ,they sit infront of the ear and hearing is via jawbone ,so nothing in your ears
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20201205-WA0002.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	135760  
Old 08 December 2020, 15:20   #26

Town: N. Devon
Boat name: (Not Another) Nutkin
Make: Highfield
Length: 6m +
Engine: Outboard, Honda 135
MMSI: 232036183
RIBase
I use these for events and hockey umpiring, thinking of getting some for on board - saves shouting on a windy day.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Motorcycle-...s%2C362&sr=8-9

Bude Dive Club - www.budediveclub.co.uk
GAFIRS - www.gafirs.org.uk
treerat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 December 2020, 04:48   #27

Town: Stonehaven
Boat name: Sunday Best
Make: Tornado
Engine: Yammy 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofthepies View Post
I've found an anchor bungee to be quite useful https://boatworld.co.uk/boatworld-anchor-bungee
I looked at these but made my own system instead! I have the anchor which I put down and veer backwards until i'm as close as I like to shore. Then I tie it off and attach a pulley to it and I have a long rope which I can use to pull the boat in and out from the anchor.
I always apply maNthematics to my purchases - tell her it cost a chunk less than it did, then tell her I got a chunk more than I really did for the one I sold... The new purchase seldom costs a penny...
SimonCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 December 2020, 08:51   #28

Town: Wild West
Boat name: No Boat
Make: No Boat
Length: under 3m
Send a message via AIM to Maximus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orwell boy View Post
My tip is the same as last year and is a set of aftershokz bone vibration head phones , they are waterproof ,bluetooth to your phone so you you can bury your phone underneath the drysuit , you have a last number redial on headphone and if you know these things you can call anybody using google assistant ,even the coastguard !!,, the ones i have are waterproof but you can get them to swim in ,they sit infront of the ear and hearing is via jawbone ,so nothing in your ears
Personally One of the reasons I go Ribning is to get AWAY from modern Tech mobile phone calls!..
As for swimming with your mobile!?..Blimey!
Maybe it's a generational thing?
....I do carry a phone for emergencies ...and I have an inbuilt USB charger in the Consul Glovebox where it's carried.

My doctrine has always been....work hard (100%) when you're working....and play hard (100% when you're not!

The Road to HELL ..is Paved with "Good inventions!"
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 December 2020, 10:47   #29

Town: suffolk
Boat name: not yet
Make: Gemini
Engine: Suzuki 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
Personally One of the reasons I go Ribning is to get AWAY from modern Tech mobile phone calls!..
As for swimming with your mobile!?..Blimey!
Maybe it's a generational thing?
....I do carry a phone for emergencies ...and I have an inbuilt USB charger in the Consul Glovebox where it's carried.

My doctrine has always been....work hard (100%) when you're working....and play hard (100% when you're not!
Well i have to agree with you 100% on that one ! i was,nt suggesting i had 1000 people to ring suggesting they may have had an accident that wasnt their fault . As an age thing thats just a dream ,i am older now so well past being so important that the world could,nt go on without me
The point i was trying to make was with your mobile buried under your dry suit (in the dry ) and floating out to sea in a tidal flow ,you could actually ask google assistant to call the coastguard ,not to mention if your phone is dry and transmitting they could poss drop straight onto you ,in addition if you have a change of plan then also it makes a phone call so easy ,never saying better than the vhf or personal beacon ,but just another simple option to keep in touch !
Old 09 December 2020, 11:03   #30

Town: Wild West
Boat name: No Boat
Make: No Boat
Length: under 3m
Send a message via AIM to Maximus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orwell boy View Post
Well i have to agree with you 100% on that one ! i was,nt suggesting i had 1000 people to ring suggesting they may have had an accident that wasnt their fault . As an age thing thats just a dream ,i am older now so well past being so important that the world could,nt go on without me
The point i was trying to make was with your mobile buried under your dry suit (in the dry ) and floating out to sea in a tidal flow ,you could actually ask google assistant to call the coastguard ,not to mention if your phone is dry and transmitting they could poss drop straight onto you ,in addition if you have a change of plan then also it makes a phone call so easy ,never saying better than the vhf or personal beacon ,but just another simple option to keep in touch !
Fair enough Mate....I also often wear a Belt and Braces!

Have a Happy Christmas and a Great and safe! 2021!..

Infact while I'm at it....I would like to wish each and everyone on the Forum... friends Old and New.. the very same!

The Road to HELL ..is Paved with "Good inventions!"
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote