Go Back   RIBnet Forums > RIB talk > RIBs & ribbing
Click Here to Login

Old 10 October 2011, 22:36   #1

Town: Northampton
Length: 5m +
Boat Yards with launching facilities?

Our dive club is based in Northants and for the last few years we have kept the club rib at a boat yard in Weymouth over the summer months. Due to the Olympics we are looking to keep the rib somewhere different next year and I was hoping some of you could suggest some places. We are short on people with tow bars so idealy looking for a boat yard with launching facilities close to some good dive sites for trainees and experienced divers alike. Any ideas????
Old 11 October 2011, 06:59   #2

Town: Plymouth
Length: 6m +
How far out are you willing to go. Plymouth QAB (Queen Annes Battery) is a very good option. They offer a launch/recovery storage service for a reasonable rate. Stored in secure area with CCTV when not being used, launched with a tractor on a hard slip and left on a pontoon ready for you to board.

Dive sites are very good with lots of wrecks to get to as well as the Scilla which is very popular.

One of the only ones within Plymouth that offer a storage and launch/recover service. Unless you wanted to go for Yacht Haven Quay Drystack which is even better again!

Peter ~ Boatsandoutboards4sale ~ askboatsandoutboards4sale@sky.com ~ 07930 421007
Old 11 October 2011, 10:11   #3

Town: Reading
Boat name: CPA2
Make: Tornado
Length: 6m +
Engine: Yamaha Petrol
Hi, I am in exactly the same position. We currently store and launch at Osprey Quay at Portland - and we are being asked to move out for the main season.

We have a Tornado Rib on a trailer and I am actively looking for a secure yard with a slipway and 'Park and Launch' facilities.

Ideally I am looking for somewhere in the Poole / Swanage / Southampton / Chichester area.

I see it as an opportunity to access the waters around the Isle of Wight which would be easier / quicker for us as we are Reading based.

Does anyone have a good experience in these areas that they could recommend?
Thank you.

Best regards,
David.
Old 11 October 2011, 17:41   #4

Town: Pembroke
Boat name: Rapscallion
Make: Humber Destroyer 6.0
Length: 5m +
Engine: E-TEC 150
Have you though of Pembrokeshire? V popular with Divers.
Dale Sailing www.dale-sailing.co.uk) have recently put in a dry-stack. Neyland is approx 15 minutes by RIB from the start of the popular dive-sites.
Rudders Boatyard www.ruddersboatyard.co.uk (Burton) - 5 mins further by RIB, also offers a launching service.
There are also a few local dive schools that could help-out your beginners