Old 04 May 2018, 21:30   #1

Town: Colne
Boat name: Dounut
Make: Ribeye
Length: 5m +
Engine: 60
Boat launch

Hi can anyone help me, I want to launch my boat in Dorset and somewhere I can park my car and trailer,would like to launch boat and cruise down the coast mooring up at different bays and staying in hotels for the night, any help would be appreciated
Old 04 May 2018, 22:19   #2

Town: Poole
Boat name: El Mono
Make: Ribtec 9M
Length: 9m +
Engine: Yanmar 315/Bravo III
Whereabouts do you want to start, which direction are you going, and how long do you have?

Boatlaunch (Boatlaunch) and various searches on here will help with launch sites and/or parking and trailer storage.

Places like Poole and Weymouth/Portland probably have the most options for launching and storage while you're away, and both have good access to the Jurassic Coast.

I guess then it depends on what sort of length hops you want to do, and where you would leave the boat each night. Poole has plenty of marina and accommodation options, as does Weymouth. Anywhere in-between (Studland, Swanage, Kimmeridge, Lulworth, etc.) it's going to be mooring/anchoring and a dinghy ashore. Beyond Weymouth, you either have the longish hop straight across Lyme Bay to Dartmouth (good pontoons and accom) or Salcombe (more likely to be on a mooring buoy and water taxi in) , or could follow north round the bay and stop in West Bay, Lyme Regis, Exmouth, etc. Heading further west, Plymouth, Fowey, Falmouth and Penzance/Newlyn all have very easy shore access to accommodation, but plenty of lovely smaller places in-between as well.

My log and video of a possibly similar trip from a couple of years ago here: http://www.rib.net/forum/f18/poole-p...log-64381.html
Old 04 May 2018, 22:28   #3

Thank you for your help Paulcan the car and trailer be left in pool over night
Old 05 May 2018, 09:31   #4

Town: Poole
Boat name: El Mono
Make: Ribtec 9M
Length: 9m +
Engine: Yanmar 315/Bravo III
In the most popular public slip/carpark at Baitor Park in Poole, you're not meant to leave car/trailer overnight. But any of the commercial launch sites (Salterns Marina, Parkstone Bay Marina , MDL Cobbs Quay, Davis Boatyard, Lake Yard, Rockley Park, etc.) would let you leave car/trailer. Possibly for a fee, but if you're paying to use the slipway anyway, there might not be an extra charge.
Old 05 May 2018, 10:19   #5

Thank you Paul that’s great, thank you for your help is much appreciated