Old 19 September 2002, 08:28   #1

Town: Bromley, Kent
Make: GS209
Length: 6.137
Engine: 4.3ltr 210hp Volvo Penta
Boat covers, what's a good one?

Alan,

Great, thanks for reminding me on the inflation of tube thread.

Another thing I need, is a cover. I have looked on the net and seen one called MAC. Does anyone have any good ideas, I am trying to cover a 6.6 mtr with outboard and a centre consul with screen.

Pete (nearly on the ocean)
Old 19 September 2002, 08:46   #2

OH! If there is one that makes the boat invisible to wive's, buy it for me, and will give you the money for it. Perhaps a lawn coloured one with nice stripes would be another option.

I read somewhere about submersible garages that are fitted under your lawn (might have been in the waiting room of my psychiatrist!), you press a remote control and it comes out of the ground, you reverse your car or boat into it, and back down it goes. I don't know if anyone has one, but I would be interested to know where I could find one, how much they are and if they are heated. The roof of this thing even has turf on it!

Pete
Old 19 September 2002, 09:01   #3

Town: Newfoundland
Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally posted by Flanker
I read somewhere about submersible garages that are fitted under your lawn (might have been in the waiting room of my psychiatrist!), you press a remote control and it comes out of the ground, you reverse your car or boat into it, and back down it goes. I don't know if anyone has one, but I would be interested to know where I could find one, how much they are and if they are heated. The roof of this thing even has turf on it!

Pete
Errm sounds like Tracey Island

Does it come with the sound track as well? Just imagine...

FAB,

Alan
Old 19 September 2002, 09:18   #4

Town: Edenbridge
Boat name: Scorpion
Make: Scorpion 8.5mtr
Length: 8m +
Engine: 315hp Yanmar Diesel
Boat Covers

Boat covers are not cheap. We had a 6mtr humber years ago and used to cover it with 2 car covers from halfords. Cost about £20 quid each. Did the job perfectly.
Old 19 September 2002, 09:38   #5

Town: Dunedin
Boat name: Zebedee
Make: Zodiac
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mariner 15 2 stroke
I got a tarpaulin from Tarpaulins Direct http://www.tarpaulinsdirect.co.uk/, on the recommendation of others on this forum. £40 for an all over cover for my 4.8m, including wrapping round and under the outboard. Spent £20 or so on brass eyelets, trimmed the front edge to follow the shape of the tubes, then threaded a rope round the edge, pull it tight, and tie up at the back. (I keep the boat on a trailer.)

I know others have put more effort in stitching something more convincing, but I'm happy with my cheap and chearful approach. It has withstood some pretty strong winds.

Oh, I bought a white cover to avoid overheating too much in the summer.

cheers,
Simon
Old 19 September 2002, 10:01   #6

Are you serious about white, what about the chemical reaction between white and black, hot and cold? that could be a disaster!

Only having a joke, your idea sounds very good, I guess I would just need an eyelet machine and a knife. My boat if I ever do have it at the front of the house will be surronded by trees, I don't think white would be the white one for me. I certainly don't want all the leaves in the boat, so I must get a cover ASAP bearing in mind the time of year.

Thanks,

Pete