Go Back   RIBnet Forums > RIB talk > RIBs & ribbing
Click Here to Login

Old 02 July 2001, 01:36   #1

Town: Encinitas,Ca. USA
Bluewater Matitime Ltd and Northcraft Inflatables

After further investigation I'm interested in purchasing one of these ribs for a dive platform here in Southern California. How can I get a dealers list for the USA. These companies don't come up on my web search. Can you get these boats here in the USA?

Thanks
Danny
Old 02 July 2001, 08:24   #2
Administrator

Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
As far as I know neither of these companies is still in business.

Was there a particular reason you picked them? Someone here will probably be able to suggest a suitable alternative if you let us know what you are looking for in a RIB.

John

------------------
John Kennett
RIBnet
Old 09 July 2001, 13:12   #3

Town: Jacksonville, Florida
Make: Nautica / former Police boat
Length: 5.89
Engine: 115 Yamaha 4-stroke
Check out the Nautica web site, they are here in the USA and offer premium baots, used in law enforcement and military. Made in Miami, Fla. The TV show "Baywatch" uses
Nautica RIBS, for filming and as their vessels for rescue also.Try: www.Nauticaintl.com ...........P.S I do'nt work for them, just use their most excellent craft.

[edited to make link work properly!]

[This message has been edited by John Kennett (edited 09 July 2001).]
Old 09 July 2001, 21:41   #4

Town: Newfoundland
Length: no boat
Blue Water Maritime are no longer trading. However I believe that some of the range may be still being manufactured under licence somewhere. Chap to contact is Paul Lemmer of Inflatable Boats International. Details in the RIBNET directory I'm sure.

Alan

(BWM Deepsea 21 owner)
Old 10 July 2001, 16:41   #5

Make: FB 55
Length: 10m +
This might interest you...
Recently launched Panthercats International Marine Technology have introduced an exceptional new hull shape which features an anti-stuff bow, giving the Panthercat RIB's claim to be the smoothest, driest ride of any boats on the market. The full range comprises the 9m and 7.5m Panthercat Rapiers and the 6.3m Panthercat Sabre. For each boat, the very high standard core specification is tailored to the customer's requirements using the highest quality fittings, fixtures and build techniques available.
All three Panthercat models have an extremely strong monocoque construction as their starting point, with high quality internal deck moulding with integrated non-slip deck. The heavy duty 1100 Dtex hypalon or extra heavy duty 1670 Dtex (commercial) tubes all have five chambers, each fitted with pressure relief valves. All three boats feature under deck fuel tanks with integrated fillers. Twin 150 litre fuel tanks are fitted to the 6.3m boat while the 7.5m and 9m boats both have twin 250 litre tanks. The well thought out integrated moulded storage on all the boats combines spaciousness with exceptional ease of access. With so many carefully thought out characteristics included as standard, each boat then becomes unique to customer's requirements.

With over 700 GRP colours and 15 tube colours to choose from, the only limiting factor will be imagination! Engine size will be down to customers choice, but as a maximum, the 6.3m Sabre can carry twin 60hp four stroke engines or a single 150hp Optimax two stroke or a single 120hp Mercruiser Diesel engine. The 7.5m Rapier and the 9m Rapier can carry engines up to a maximum of twin 225hp Optimax engines, or a single 300hp diesel engine or twin 120hp diesel engines.

The Panthercats team is confident that the new boats will create a huge splash and are anticipating strong demand for this season. Panthercats Technical Director, James Kooreman said "With so many RIBs already available on the market, we knew that the Panthercats needed to be exceptional boats. We feel that this has been achieved through the combination of superb design and construction, outstanding fittings and great delivery times and a variety of colours to choose from. "

For more information about the Panthercat RIBs please contact: James Kooreman, Technical Director, Panthercats International Marine Technology on +44 (0) 7774 895526, fax: +44 (0) 1945 465810 or email: James.Kooreman@hprins.co.uk

rapier hull:
Old 10 July 2001, 20:48   #6

Stealth,

So are you saying that the Panthercat RIBS are the old BWM hulls? (Seems to equate with the Deepsea and Rapier ranges!)

Alan
Old 11 July 2001, 18:30   #7

Make: FB 55
Length: 10m +
Yes they are. Please refer to Paul Lemmer who will give you the low-down on the hulls etc. You can contact him at +44 1737 644307.
Old 11 July 2001, 22:08   #8

Hmm interesting. Already the proud(!?) owner of a Deepsea 21. One of the last that BWM built. Damn good hull, pity about that fact that everything else has fallen off and has had to be fixed on properly over the last few years!

Already know Paul. (& still speaking to him!)

Cheers,
Alan
Old 16 July 2001, 16:49   #9

Town: Surrey
Make: Raider
Length: 6.5
Engine: Mariner 115 4/Stroke
A bit late in the day on this topic and probably irrelevant now, but just for the record. As far as I am aware Northcraft are still in business.

They manufacture for Pacer Marine who are based in Farnham, Surrey, UK.

Pacer Marine sell them under their own label (which slips my mind at the moment).

Pacer Marine certainly had one at Southampton RIBEX 2001.