Old 31 August 2004, 09:17   #1

Town: Torquay
Make: Bayliner
Length: 5m +
Engine: I/B 3L
Big Thanks

Had a great couple of days out on the water this weekend.
Big thanks to Brian for trip out on Cyanide and introducing me to Andy Micklewright and having a close look at his huge Redbay. It's one of the boats we usually see powering off in the distance across the bay but this time I got to have a close look as we chatted in the harbour, amazing machine is all I can say.

Got to chat for a while on the Resnova to Brian who told us all about how Ribnet has helped in the past with problems on boats and long distance cruising. David Hickman joined us for a while leaving the comfort and luxury of the charter boat he was on, he had some interesting stories from life out in the bay us occasional boaters never get to hear about.

Shame the Cowes Torquay race never happened and the weather couldn't make it's mind up between sun or rain but Brian showed me some great stuff around the area I've never seen before.
There is the lost village down by Start point a webcam on Berryhead, funny how you stay motoring in the same area for years but never see some stuff right in front of you all the time.
Cyanide is a fantastic boat Brian you should be very proud, thanks for a great weekend, I'll be your rope monkey any day, and next time I'll bring the dinner.

Rupert
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM0867.JPG
Views:	227
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	7786   Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM0868.JPG
Views:	248
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	7787  
Old 31 August 2004, 09:35   #2
RIBnet supporter

Town: Peel, IOM
Length: no boat
RIBase
Well thank you, for your thanks Rupert. A pleasure to have you aboard and you are welcome any time.

On the Monday, I went along to Salcombe and met up with "Observer" (the Spring family) who were holidaying in the town.
Rupert did not come with me as, for some unaccountable reason, which I never really understood, he had to sell ice-creams all day.
Anyway, then on to Dartmouth where I met the Glatzels who had just come from Poole over a very choppy Lyme Bay.
Nice to see you Paul. Loved the colour of your boat!
Old 31 August 2004, 11:55   #3

Length: 6m +
Engine: 200
nice to see what happened at the other end

Paul
Old 31 August 2004, 15:20   #4

Town: Torquay
Make: Bayliner
Length: 5m +
Engine: I/B 3L
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
On the Monday, I went along to Salcombe and met up with "Observer" (the Spring family) who were holidaying in the town.
Bugger missed out there, I still don't know what the entrance to Salcombe looks like before I go on my own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
Rupert did not come with me as, for some unaccountable reason, which I never really understood, he had to sell ice-creams all day.
Ice-creams, Ice-creams
I never want to see another cornet again we got through 120ltrs of the stuff in four and a half hours.

I'll give you one guess to where I'd rarther have been.

Rupert
'No we don't have Pistachio'