Old 07 December 2021, 21:32   #1

Town: Fort William
Make: Ribcraft 585
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha F115
RIBase
Bench Seat

Anyone used the bench in the picture below. Trying to find a solution to the extra seating and storage. They certainly don’t look as comfortable as say a jockey seat but it’s not always rough seas.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B11B923C-F48D-4786-A9A0-EBB332969DE5.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	139390  
Old 07 December 2021, 22:10   #2

Town: Wild West
Boat name: No Boat
Make: No Boat
Length: under 3m
Send a message via AIM to Maximus
I did consider one for mine Alan....comfort wise they are much the same as most bench seats Mate although the sculptured ends afford a little more security....and the back swivels so as to face the rear in a moment.
I didn't get one ultimately but did put the matrix fitting bolts in the deck,for ease of fitting and removal.....which I still think would be a good idea

The Road to HELL ..is Paved with "Good inventions!"
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 December 2021, 22:18   #3

RIBase
9 times out of 10 it’s just myself and fiona. The storage is more important than the seat but if I could kill 2 birds with one stone and as you say it’s got the curve to the backrest and not just a straight bench.

Would help if Ribcraft actually answered the phone!
Old 07 December 2021, 22:30   #4

Town: suffolk
Boat name: not yet
Make: Gemini
Engine: Suzuki 140
Would help if Ribcraft actually answered the phone![/QUOTE]

There not many people could argue with that one ! at least there was a few seating type products priced in the "shop " part of the website ,however that seems to be under construction at the moment

could this be the same seat at the manufacturers ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224514061...oAAOSwEaVg2hBi
Old 08 December 2021, 07:02   #5

RIBase
The backrest certainly looks the same but there's a difference in the base. I'll see what Ribcraft come up with...if anything, their customer service is shocking.
Old 08 December 2021, 08:47   #6
Administrator

Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
I tried one of those Ribcraft bench seats a while back and was pretty impressed. Well made and much more comfortable and secure than an open sided bench.
Old 08 December 2021, 13:51   #7

Make: RC585
Engine: 140
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orwell boy View Post
Would help if Ribcraft actually answered the phone!
There not many people could argue with that one ! at least there was a few seating type products priced in the "shop " part of the website ,however that seems to be under construction at the moment

could this be the same seat at the manufacturers ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224514061...oAAOSwEaVg2hBi
No it's not the same seat - this is the Ribcraft seat on my 585 and as you can see it's a bonded seat. I imagine it's their own manufacture.
The seating position is quite low behind the jockeys and the console so anyone sitting there doesn't have much of a view. I've only had people on it at displacement speed - I don't think it would provide the support at planing speeds and I wouldn't be comfortable having anyone on it in any sort of chop. However as a storage locker it is excellent and that's the main reason I chose it in preference to jockeys. I generally leave the cushion off as it's easier to open the lid. With the cushion though it's a nice place to sit and have lunch or whatever.

As regards the comments about Ribcraft customer service, through my own carelessness I damaged the zip that holds the foam in in the bench cushion. Ribcraft (CC) collected it from my house and took it away for repair. It did take a little while but instead of repairing it they made me a complete new cushion at no cost to me and CC delivered it to my house. The cushion which is a substantial object must cost in the hundreds I imagine. They had no obligation even to repair it. I would rather judge Ribcraft customer service by that episode than someone having to wait a while for them to answer the phone. The impression I have is that they won't compromise on quality even if it means that customers sometimes have to wait a little while for things to happen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	seat.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	139391