Old 08 March 2014, 16:56   #1

Town: Newcastle, Staffs
Boat name: Duma
Make: Shearwater Cutter
Length: 6m +
Engine: Yamaha 200hp
Bembridge Marine - Ribcraft 585

Would you want your rib on brokerage with them?

I would like to move up to a bit bigger rib and have been looking around semi seriously and looking for something around 6m, Tempted to go new but also looking at second hand.

I saw on Boats and Outboards a Ribcraft 585 advertised by Bembridge marine - I replied to the ad but had no response

Gave them a call and the guy said send them an e-mail requesting info which I promptly did - I had no response

So I called them this morning told them I had sent an e-mail and had no response. He said give me your e-mail and I will send details and photos.

Guess what no response! I imagine they must be making too much money too easily unfortunately I have to work hard for mine!

Does anybody know about the RC 585 that they have on brokerage
Old 10 March 2014, 21:42   #2

Town: I.O.W
Boat name: Danger Donut
Make: 6.0 rib
Engine: Mariner F60efi
Quote:
Originally Posted by pow2gran View Post
Would you want your rib on brokerage with them?

I would like to move up to a bit bigger rib and have been looking around semi seriously and looking for something around 6m, Tempted to go new but also looking at second hand.

I saw on Boats and Outboards a Ribcraft 585 advertised by Bembridge marine - I replied to the ad but had no response

Gave them a call and the guy said send them an e-mail requesting info which I promptly did - I had no response

So I called them this morning told them I had sent an e-mail and had no response. He said give me your e-mail and I will send details and photos.

Guess what no response! I imagine they must be making too much money too easily unfortunately I have to work hard for mine!

Does anybody know about the RC 585 that they have on brokerage

My apologies for not being so efficent with your enquiry. We are not a broker as such, we just act as a contact for customers who have a boat in our care as most dont live on the iow. Unfortunately the enquires through boats and outboards .co.uk are not appearing on our desk tops which we are trying to sort out. We have had a busy couple of days with some student training going on late last week . You have asked for detailed information including the tube condition which I need to cover comprehensively as it is an older rib. The boat has been in winters storage so we need to lift it down and uncover it. I had planned to do this today but unfortunately we had a burst steering pipe on our forklift this morning. We are now up and running so will sort this for you tomorrow. My apologies again.
Regards Jim Robinson
Old 10 March 2014, 22:41   #3

Town: Poole
Boat name: Triple O
Make: R70
Length: 7m +
Engine: Suzuki 200hp
I've just purchased a cabin rib via Bembridge Marine, I have found them to be incredibly helpful. I think you'll find them refreshingly honest to deal with if you take your enquiry further with them. Hope it works out for you.
Old 10 March 2014, 22:43   #4

Town: Royal Wootton Bassett
Length: 8m +
Engine: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf10 View Post
I've just purchased a cabin rib via Bembridge Marine, I have found them to be incredibly helpful. I think you'll find them refreshingly honest to deal with if you take your enquiry further with them. Hope it works out for you.
+1
Old 12 March 2014, 19:39   #5

Town: Newcastle, Staffs
Boat name: Duma
Make: Shearwater Cutter
Engine: Yamaha 200hp
Jim

Thanks for taking the time to talk to me this evening. Apologies if I went a bit over the top - I was just getting a bit frustrated and increasingly cynical as I get older! Pleased to see other Ribnetters see you in good regard.

Nick
Old 12 March 2014, 20:55   #6

Town: hallaar
Boat name: Bliksem
Make: ribquest
Engine: outboard
I met JIm on the IOW bcoz i wanted to see his splendid new hull...excellent information, nice guy and since i was coming from Belgium to IOW mainly to see the shearwater annex new hulls he was always on the agreed appointment and very helpful.
I wish i could have bought the new rib he created that time but economic crises was on so.....the same with me i have to work for the money....
One day i hope to be able to return....
Thx Jim and wish you really all the best bcoz you really deserve more publicity.
Old 12 March 2014, 21:17   #7

Town: I.O.W
Boat name: Danger Donut
Make: 6.0 rib
Engine: Mariner F60efi
Quote:
Originally Posted by pow2gran View Post
Jim

Thanks for taking the time to talk to me this evening. Apologies if I went a bit over the top - I was just getting a bit frustrated and increasingly cynical as I get older! Pleased to see other Ribnetters see you in good regard.

Nick
No problem, have mailed the owner, unfortunately not answering his phone, be in touch.

Tags
rib