Old 20 July 2003, 19:35   #1

Town: London
Make: Yam
Length: 5.5
Engine: Yamaha 115hp 4 stroke
Bembridge Harbour/Seaview

Hi there all,
just a couple of questions that maybe someone can help with.

The first is the access to Bembridge harbour........is it accessible by Rib at all states of tide?

The second is does anyone know the protocol for mooring and going ashore at Seaview on the IOW.

As always any help/.advice gratefully received!
Old 20 July 2003, 19:46   #2

Town: Leatherhead
Length: no boat
Hi Timmo,

I shall be in Seaview from next Friday for a couple of weeks with the rib in Bembridge.

Bembridge - No access at LW Springs but I have been in (carefully ) on dead LW neaps with no probs.

Seaview - The moorings are private but if you call the Seaview Yacht Club on CH M2 (I think) they will send a nanny boat out to take you ashore. They did charge £5 for a lunchtime stop + ferrying. Quite good value. One point - my insurers told me that I would not be covered on these moorings if the boat was left un-attended.

Can highly recommended The Old Fort on the front for lunch.

PM if you fancy a meet-up there in the next couple of weeks ( I might even charge less for the ferrying )

Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! Bullshit and brilliance only come with age and experience.
Ribald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2003, 07:54   #3

Town: Gosport
Boat name: April Lass
Make: Moody 31
Length: 9m +
Scaped into Benbridge three weeks ago 2 hours before HW. Draft is 1.4m with the stern drive, an outboard would have no problems. The channel has a dog leg that you must follow or you will be joining the seagulls who stand on the sand banks 10 feet from the channel.

However, the was no obvious place to moor up and it was less than welcoming, looked scruffy and we won't be visiting again for a while. It could be really good, and the harbour could really boost the local tourist industry they just need to get a grip and supply some temporary moorings for visitors from the Solent. Great opportunity wasted.

Pete