Old 28 May 2006, 21:10   #1

Boat name: Emperor
Make: Scorpion
Length: 7m +
Engine: Evinrude E-tec 200hp
Send a message via MSN to Millermob
Avon pressure relief valves

After my exams have finished we are taking the boat down to the South of France, as the boat(Avon adventure) is a dark blue I think we should get some pressure relief valves for the hot climate. Does anyone know where we could get some?

Thanks Freddie
Old 28 May 2006, 21:47   #2

Town: Stanley, Falkland Is
Boat name: Seawolf
Make: Osprey Vipermax 5.8
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millermob
After my exams have finished we are taking the boat down to the South of France, as the boat(Avon adventure) is a dark blue I think we should get some pressure relief valves for the hot climate. Does anyone know where we could get some?

Thanks Freddie
I imagine Avon would do them, but if not, Humber told me recently that they could supply some for my tubes for retro-fit if I wanted them, IIRC the price was £22 each, they come fixed on a patch of hypalon and you cut a hole in the tube then glue the patch in with the fitted valve. Bit scared of doing that so I haven't gone any further on that idea yet!!! But if you have somebody near you who is an expert on tube repairs I should think they are easy enough to fit - I am just not an expert and don't have anybody nearby to do it for me!
Old 28 May 2006, 22:49   #3

Town: Southampton
Boat name: DynaMoHumm/ SRV/deja
Make: Avon8.4, 5.4 & 4.777
Length: 8m +
Engine: Cat3126 Yam 90 &70
MMSI: 42
what's the difference between the day and night temperatures (hereinafter known as the temperature range) in the area you are going to and the temperature range where you are now.

It is my understanding that presure relief valves are an extra set of valves do you or any body else know of any that replace the valves you already have
Rogue Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2006, 07:17   #4

Town: Somerset
Make: Halmatic P22
Length: 6m +
Engine: 150 Diesel
Henshaw Inflatables sell them - give them a ring on 01963 33237

Fitting requires complete removal of old valves.
Old 29 May 2006, 12:57   #5
ADS

Town: Dorset
Length: 4m +
Freddie, its a new boat is it not, are you sure it doesn't have them fitted already, or do Avon not fit them?
Old 29 May 2006, 12:59   #6

Boat name: Emperor
Make: Scorpion
Length: 7m +
Engine: Evinrude E-tec 200hp
Send a message via MSN to Millermob
Yeh its only a few weeks old, they don't come as standard and there is no way me or my dad will even attempt to make holes in the tubes, I presumed you just used a different cap or inner workings.

Thanks
Old 29 May 2006, 13:05   #7
ADS

Town: Dorset
Length: 4m +
Quote:
Yeh its only a few weeks old, they don't come as standard and there is no way me or my dad will even attempt to make holes in the tubes, I presumed you just used a different cap or inner workings.

Thanks
I would give Avon a ring or your supplying dealer a call, I presume you mean replace the existing valves with ones with pressure release valves in... Im not sure If this is possible or not, the pressure release valves I have seen are seperate from the main valves. Im sure one of the tube manufacturers will be along in abit.
Old 29 May 2006, 15:38   #8

Town: Stanley, Falkland Is
Boat name: Seawolf
Make: Osprey Vipermax 5.8
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 150
Quote:

Thanks
That was what I thought/hoped but apparently not for Humber tubes anyway. Maybe others are different. I just can't see why all RIBs don't have them fitted as standard, for all it costs.... the extra cost of building a pressure relief component into the inflation valves would be peanuts and save a lot of worry. At the moment mine looks like a bouncy castle that has been sat on by an elephant because of the temperature, but am leaving it like that because I know if we get a warm day with the sun on the black wear patches on the inside of the tubes it will be fairly hard again.

Must admit the concept of chopping five 6 inch holes in my tubes didn't fill me with great enthusiasm either!
Old 29 May 2006, 17:11   #9

Town: Dartmouth
Boat name: TIDEL III
Make: AVON SEARIDER
you can get a valve that is used for inflation and as a pressure relief valve but it is massive and would be a major job to fit in place of your old valves . i would just leave the tubes soft when not in use