Old 06 July 2015, 20:48   #1

Town: Warwickshire
Boat name: Sea Warrior
Make: Flatacraft -fletcher
Length: 4m +
Engine: 3.0 Merc. 40HPMarine
Avon 5.4 Adventure?

I've just come across this in my searches and I've never seen one before...I knew of the various 4M's and 560, 620 but never one of these!

It's for a Honda 90 on it and looks in good condition. I understand they're not go hard offshore ribs.

My questions is, anybody got any experience with this? My searches are returning nothing on a Adventure 540!
Old 06 July 2015, 21:50   #2

Got a link?

It is probably someone confusing a searider 5.4 with an adventure.

If it is a searider than that is a heavy outboard for it.

Edit, is this it? http://www.rib-shop.com/avon-adventu...p-four-stroke/

That is an adventure 560, I had one for 5 years with a 100 on it. Great boat when used as it was intended for, normal days out and not typical uk rough rib weather. Look for mymold posts for more info.

Cheers
Old 07 July 2015, 06:54   #3

https://m.apolloduck.com/feature.pht...36&rid=aa&z=aa

^^ that's the link. I understand they get a bit of stick (probably because the seariders set the bar pretty high for a sea keeping boat). I assume this is the same then? 560 and the seller has made a mistake?
Old 07 July 2015, 08:44   #4

It looks like the 560 yes, there is a plate inside the transom telling you what it is to confirm.

The searider did set the bar high but they were aimed at very diffent markets. Put it this way, they never stopped making the searider when adventures came out, the clue is in the name really.

Anyways, is it a great rough rib boat.....no. Will it get you home at 20knots in the rough stuff, maybe is the best answer. I only had to come off plane a handful of times with mine as i felt it was hurting the boat and pottered home at displacement speeds, not what a typical rib is all about granted.

It is not a heavy built boat so some suffered from gelcoat crazing along the chines, I've seen a few 560s and never witnessed that but there was a couple of reports of it on the forum. If you go to see one that is antifouled then i would walk away, could hide a multitude.

If it is a decent example check the chines carefully and give them a good push/hit and check for flexing or a hollow sound, If you have any then walk. If it hasn't got any crazing by the ages you are looking at then it probably is pukka though.

The Honda 90 will probably get you in the 32 knot region flat out and will burn about 0.5l per mile if my old mariner 100 was anything to go by, the hull is light and not a deep v so fuel numbers are exceptional. It costs me atleast twice as much to go out on my ribcraft now, horses for courses and all that.

Anyways, hope that helps.

Cheers
Old 07 July 2015, 16:09   #5

Yes. Very helpful! Thanks for sharing your knowledge on it. The money is right anyway. I'll check all the things you've mentioned and more.

Any ideas about fuel tanks? External or internal?
Old 07 July 2015, 20:24   #6

it is probably a 70-90l stainless tank inside the console, it depends on who spec'd it will depend what is in it, you would need to measure it to confirm.

btw, whoever put the fuel cap there needs a good kick in the nuts. overfill it and petrol is running down your switch panel.

cheers