Old 18 February 2011, 04:46   #1

Town: San Francisco
Boat name: Solution
Make: Bombard
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki
Arc

I'm looking at purchasing a 1989 ARC. It's got a newer Yamaha 150 2 stroke and new wing tubes in 2005. The inboard gas tank is apparently inoperable. I'd like to replace the tank. I wondering if anyone has an idea about the value of such a boat. It's 22 feet long on a decent double axle trailer. Overall the boat is probably a 5 out of 10 in the aesthetic department. I'm a sailing coach in San Francisco and am looking for a good coach boat which may also be used for charter. Price range in the teens for sure. Thanks for any help!
Old 18 February 2011, 04:51   #2

Town: Vancouver, BC Canada
Boat name: Black Ops
Make: Zodiac Hurricane 733
Length: 7m +
Engine: OceanPro 150hp x 2
What does ARC stand for?
Old 18 February 2011, 04:59   #3

Town: Vancouver, BC Canada
Boat name: Black Ops
Make: Zodiac Hurricane 733
Engine: OceanPro 150hp x 2
As long as you can get below deck, tanks are easily replaced. Some boat's decks are glassed after the tank is installed. If this is the case you need to perform a bit of surgery, replace the tank and reglass the deck.

It sounds scary but RIB's usually are pretty simple topside so there isn't much in the way.

Tanks can be custom made in aluminum ($$$) or you can get something like this to fit... lots of different molded tanks available.

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...classNum=10445
Old 18 February 2011, 05:34   #4

Town: San Francisco
Boat name: Solution
Make: Bombard
Engine: Suzuki
thanks

Thanks for responding so quickly. The boat is an Atlantic Rigid Corp. boat. Any idea on the value?
Old 21 February 2011, 13:55   #5

Town: New Jersey
Make: 733
Engine: Yanmar
From what I've gathered, I believe ARC makes (or made, dont know if theyre still making them) very high quality ribs in the Massachusetts area. Military contract, really heavy duty. I've only seen one for sale. It was in the New England area this past summer. 18 ft in great condition with a newer 90 hp, trailer, etc. Don't know the year, but looked to be in very good condition. He was asking 9000, went down to 7900 and then disappeared, I assume it was sold. In the US, it's really hard to determine a good price because ribs in general are so rare.

also: http://rib.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12378
Old 21 February 2011, 13:56   #6

Town: New Jersey
Make: 733
Engine: Yanmar
the wing tubes will definitely add alot of $$$ to the price
Old 21 February 2011, 23:51   #7

Town: Windsor CT
Boat name: Blue Moon
Make: ribcraft 6.5
Engine: 150 hp honda
MMSI: 338051172
I had one of the 18 ft ARC ribs. It was a semi-custom boat, kind of like ribcraft. It was a commercial quality vessel, heavy self draining hull. Mine had an in hull 25-+ gal. plastic gas tank. On mine, the tank was accessed by unscrewing the console and removing a panel. The tubes were very heavy double calendered pvc-like material with a double zipper that ran around the tubes. Inside were 5 polyurethane coated nylon bladders. The system had a few bugs, but once I worked them out it worked well. I got about 32 kt at wot with a 90 hp.

I sold mine in 2006 for about $8,000 to a guy who took it up the Hudson River to Canada and back than sold it to a guy in the Springfield Mass. area. As far as I know, it's still in use today.

A couple of years ago They were making a 24 ft rib in small quantities out of the Newport RI area.

All in all, she as a good boat.
Old 15 February 2017, 16:19   #8

Town: Victoria
Boat name: Moonlight
Make: AB
Engine: Outboard Honda 115
My dad Built the first few ARC 24's they are amazing boats.sadly the company does not exist but if you stumble along a 24 buy one if you can they are very good boats. The first 24 sold for 110,000.if I find some pics of the ARC 24 I will post them here.