Old 04 April 2016, 12:45   #1
Jus

Town: Wiltshire
Boat name: At Lantic
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Engine: Evinrude Etec 75
Anti-Slip Deck Paint

Has anyone had any experience of this, preferably with regard to painting a boat deck?

Coo-Var 'Suregrip' Antislip Coating (Ref. G/139) | Floor, Sport & Line Marking Paint | Coo-var Paints

Also, does anyone have any recommendations for something equivalent, preferably available in black?
Old 04 April 2016, 22:02   #2

Town: southampton
Boat name: TOP CAT 2
Make: Scorpion 8.1
Length: 8m +
Engine: 250hp HO
I Just used kiwigrip. I love it. It's very forgiving, covered small inperfections too. I wanted to use gelcoat with anti slip. Ecs sell a really good but aggressive non slip topcoat gelcoat. Kiwigrip is chucked on the deck and then s roller used to create the antislip. I tried it, and the stick roller was a little too rough so I found a smoother one at b and q.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus View Post
Has anyone had any experience of this, preferably with regard to painting a boat deck?

Coo-Var 'Suregrip' Antislip Coating (Ref. G/139) | Floor, Sport & Line Marking Paint | Coo-var Paints

Also, does anyone have any recommendations for something equivalent, preferably available in black?
Old 04 April 2016, 22:15   #3

Town: Dalmeny
Make: zodiac
Length: 5m +
Engine: outboard
I've also used kiwi grip, found it held the dirt a bit but otherwise does exactly as stated. Gave the deck a second coat just before selling it so it looked like new again.

I was keen to use seadeck but was a little to expensive, another popular product over here is everroll® Rubber Flooring for Marine - Regupol Australia

JonD
Old 05 April 2016, 00:57   #4

Town: CA
Make: Zodiac RIB-P
Length: 7m +
Engine: Suzuki 250
Another vote for kiwigrip. Used it on my 7m. You can adjust the grip with the roller and timing. Let it dry a bit and roll hard to get super sharp spikes. Variations of above to get the desired texture.

Jason