Old 19 April 2015, 20:44   #1

Town: Gloucester
Boat name: Lunasea
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzi 140
MMSI: 232005050
Americas Cup - Spectating

Would love to get down to see some of this in the summer.

Does anyone know the best place to watch from - and is this going to be one of those events you'll only be able to seeproperly by needing a mortgage for a ticket?

Is watching it it afloat even a possibility?
Old 19 April 2015, 21:28   #2

Town: Thame
Boat name: Free-Flow
Make: Shearwater 6.8
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki 175
See 35th America's Cup

Looks like there will be an on-water spectator area, and even a bit for small boats. I'm definitely going to be there, probably for the Saturday. Shame launcing at Camber is no longer a possibility.
Old 20 April 2015, 19:53   #3

Town: Mears Ashby
Boat name: Ottilia
Make: Stingher 800GT Sport
Length: 8m +
Engine: Mercury 300hp
I keep my RIB in the dry stack at the camber, I was hoping I could still use it when the race is on.
Old 20 April 2015, 22:33   #4

Town: Thame
Boat name: Free-Flow
Make: Shearwater 6.8
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki 175
Yeah - it's all right for you rich guys at dry stack, but for us poor guys towing down and trying to use camber slip, there is no parking spaces left now :-( It really was the best place to launch. Accessible all states of the tide, protected and right by the entrance to the harbour. Maybe when the building has finished.......

I was down there over the Easter weekend looking at the RC585 KB had for sale, and it did not look like there was any public parking spaces left at all.
Old 21 April 2015, 07:44   #5

Town: portsmouth
Boat name: Hullabaloo
Make: Humber
Length: 8m +
Engine: 225 Optimax
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by swedishjedi View Post
I keep my RIB in the dry stack at the camber, I was hoping I could still use it when the race is on.
You will of course be able to use your rib during the race event (subject to any restrictions the Harbour Master may impose). We expect to be busy, but running a full Launch & Recovery service for our clients - so enjoy!

For others hoping to use The Camber slipway, here's a quick up-date.

At the moment, the whole area is a "building site". Our dry stack is not affected as we have our own land and we have set aside a large area for KB client's parking. The Broad Street "pay & display" car park next to the slipway is open and can cater for about 30 cars. However, during the week it is full of contractors/residents vehicles and is obviously busy at weekends. There are an additional 12 "pay and display" spaces opposite the slipway in Trimmers Court and some on-street parking around the area. So, currently public parking is a big problem. Once the building is finished (expect the end of 2015), the area currently housing some 20 contractors container/offices will be turned into a 65 space car park. This will be available as public "pay & display" parking in the evenings and at most weekends. This will help the situation greatly.

Currently, trailers can be left at the top of the slipway, but space is limited. Once the building is finished, an area will be provided for short-term trailer storage close to the slipway.

I hope that helps (but doubt it does)?

Reagrds

Steve