TIM

Town: Dublin
Boat name: WIZARD
Make: REDBAY 7.4
Length: 7m +
Engine: OPTI 225
AAAAHHHHHH OK , that makes sence

See bellow, to my signiture...

Ali Rib would be good for me !!!! with jet drive and solid Ali 'tubes', and I think throw in a self righting frame too for good luck.......

I was on a crusie ship last week, so it will no doubt end up on the rocks, on fire, in a hurricane etc etc

Thanks Louise, I got the googles, did I pm you to thank you ???? If not, I am sorry and I am thanking you now !

PS I agree with the 'virtual rib' it sounded too good to be true........ Hopefuly I will be proven wrong .....
Old 09 August 2004, 12:12   #22

Town: Reading
Make: None
Length: under 3m
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIM
Thanks Louise, I got the googles, did I pm you to thank you ???? If not, I am sorry and I am thanking you now !
No thanks needed! Just wanted to check you had got them OK - I can throw away the 'Receipt of Posting' now!

Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 August 2004, 12:30   #23

Make: HumberOceanOffshore
Length: 8m +
Engine: Volvo KAD300/DPX
A guy called eksrae posted pics of his ally rib build here a while ago. http://www.rib.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1717
So did CH. If his is virtual, he must have pinched the pics from somewhere.

You may need to be careful about galvanic corrosion in a an ally rib. I think you may not want to let the small change you dropped into the bilge, lie there for any length of time.

I would imagine an aluminium hull to be noisier. Fibreglass will be self damping since it's laminar in nature.
Old 09 August 2004, 13:20   #24

Town: Leicester
Boat name: Vixen
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki OB 175
MMSI: 235071839
Don't drop that 1 gross box of V. Large mercury thermometers either.
Simon B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 August 2004, 20:26   #25

Town: Hamble
Length: 9m +
Manos, Alan, JW and all,
I spoke to Crazyhorse on the phone the other week, and he told me that a guy from Euro tubes (i think that's the name of the company) is in Canada right now fixing the tubes to his, as you like to call it " virtual rib ".

I f this is true, and I have no reason to doubt him, then you all may be tasting humble pie very soon.

Regards

DD

PS, hey Manos, like your new profile, I imagine your doing loads of "Lying" as usual!!!!!
Old 09 August 2004, 20:30   #26

Make: HumberOceanOffshore
Length: 8m +
Engine: Volvo KAD300/DPX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler
Manos, Alan, JW and all,
I spoke to Crazyhorse on the phone the other week, and he told me that a guy from Euro tubes (i think that's the name of the company) is in Canada right now fixing the tubes to his, as you like to call it " virtual rib ".

I f this is true, and I have no reason to doubt him, then you all may be tasting humble pie very soon.

Regards

DD

PS, hey Manos, like your new profile, I imagine your doing loads of "Lying" as usual!!!!!
Don't include me in that group. I certainly wasn't suggesting his boat is virtual. Indeed, I was hinting at the opposite.
Old 09 August 2004, 21:49   #27

Town: Newfoundland
Length: no boat
Quote:
Manos, Alan, JW and all,

Regards

DD

Mr Diggler, I was merely pointing out that Mr Horse has been absent from this forum and your own particular playpen for sometime and I believe owes Mr 7 a bottle of bubbly. I will delighted to see the Eurocommuter in the flesh and would guess there is more chance of that than seeing the phantom baja
Old 10 August 2004, 09:23   #28

Town: Gloucetsreshire
Boat name: GATO DI MARE
Make: MAR.CO
Engine: Yamaha 200Vmax
MMSI: 235027678
Send a message via MSN to Manos Send a message via Yahoo to Manos Send a message via Skype™ to Manos
Mr DD as you are in my ignore list since I find your input into discussions not useful (to put it politely) I could not see your message. However, your message was displayed on the replies of the other members. So here it goes.

I have heard stories about this aly RIB and I have seen some drawings, I also asked for my opinion about the wheel house window arrangement and I have no reason to doubt Mr Horse. However, as I think that you may be Mr Horse (since he was telling me sometime ago how bad person you were - the exact word starts with w - and that he was not talking to you and also he was not talking either to some other people he met down in S'amton), listen to this.

I find it very strange that a RIB takes such a long time to be finished. Is only a 10 mtr boat and is not constructed by NASA.

If I recall rightly Mr Horse told me that there were some delays so the boat wouldn't be ready as scheduled. Nevertheless, he was sure that the boat would have been ready in the summer and him with his other half would be cruising in Canada (I think) before they brought it back to Europe or may be they would leave it in the US - Florida I think.

In any case time will show whether this RIB exists or not. If does is OK if it doesn't is OK too. Neither me or anyone else I don't think will lose sleep over its existence.

However, as it stands right now and until this boat materialises and sails in the water this aly EUROCOMMUTER RIB is a 'VIRTUAL RIB'
Manos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 August 2004, 09:31   #29

Town: Gosport
Boat name: April Lass
Make: Moody 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
Mr Diggler, I was merely pointing out that Mr Horse has been absent from this forum and your own particular playpen for sometime and I believe owes Mr 7 a bottle of bubbly. I will delighted to see the Eurocommuter in the flesh and would guess there is more chance of that than seeing the phantom baja
I will be happy to stand by the bet and buy a Magum for CH. The time limit is fast approaching, end of Sept if I remember, but if he brings it across the Atlantic under her own steam then he deserves a bottle anyway.

Pete
Old 10 August 2004, 10:13   #30

Send a message via MSN to Manos Send a message via Yahoo to Manos Send a message via Skype™ to Manos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete7
I will be happy to stand by the bet and buy a Magum for CH.
I'll join the bet just for the fun of it
Shall we go 50/50 on that one Pete? and if we lose to have the drink on the Horse's boat?
Old 10 August 2004, 15:47   #31
TIM

I would be happy to eat humble pie

But if I was having a custom Ali Rib Built, I would have regular postings on this fourm showing the progress, hull , wheel house etc

CH was a very regular 'poster', and then all of a sudden disapered when construction started ????

Anyway, I hope it not a 'virtual Rib' But only Time or photos will tell

TG
Old 10 August 2004, 16:57   #32

Town: Hamble
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manos
I have heard stories about this aly RIB and I have seen some drawings, I also asked for my opinion about the wheel house window arrangement and I have no reason to doubt Mr Horse. However, as I think that you may be Mr Horse (since he was telling me sometime ago how bad person you were - the exact word starts with w - and that he was not talking to you and also he was not talking either to some other people he met down in S'amton), listen to this.

I find it very strange that a RIB takes such a long time to be finished. Is only a 10 mtr boat and is not constructed by NASA.

If I recall rightly Mr Horse told me that there were some delays so the boat wouldn't be ready as scheduled. Nevertheless, he was sure that the boat would have been ready in the summer and him with his other half would be cruising in Canada (I think) before they brought it back to Europe or may be they would leave it in the US - Florida I think.

However, as it stands right now and until this boat materialises and sails in the water this aly EUROCOMMUTER RIB is a 'VIRTUAL RIB'
All very interesting Manos, we'll just have to wait and see. I also described you to CH as a "wa***", but he actually defended you and said what a nice genuine well meaning person you really are!!! I guess it just goes to prove we can all be wrong.

As for the rest of you back pedalling like mad, you ought to consider joining the circus!!

Crazyhorse drifted from the forum for reasons only known to himself, but I'm sure he has the occasional glance and will be disapointed to read what you all seem to think of him, probably won't lose a lot of sleep over it though!!!

Regards Dirk.

PS, hey Manos, I considered putting you on my "ignore list" but decided that as you were the very reason why I joined the forum in the first place, it would be a bit pointless!!

R U still "lying" in the sun?
Old 10 August 2004, 17:00   #33

Town: Brittany/Portsmouth
Boat name: Merlin
Make: Solent 6.5
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200
MMSI: soon !
The more effort all you boatbuilders put into hull design/ resilience the better for the rest of us.

Missus (IMVHO as always )
Old 10 August 2004, 18:53   #34
TIM

Dirk , Do you know CH and do you thing he is genuine or just full of SHIT????

as I said before, if I was building a rib like that... the whole world would be sick of me shite'n on about it !!!!!!

Dirk, could I have a spin in your boat sometime ?????
Old 10 August 2004, 21:27   #35

Tim, I know the horse.
He is a very nice sincere chap. He had this project building this aly RIB which it has taken rather a long time. I have not seen the boat but seen drawings of it and a few photos that he posted in the forum.
The Horse is a cool guy

Mr DD yes I do
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Summer vacations 20040002.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	7433  
Old 11 August 2004, 07:53   #36

Town: Gosport
Boat name: April Lass
Make: Moody 31
Quote:
As for the rest of you back pedalling like mad, you ought to consider joining the circus!!
Dirk, I did consider offering you a bottle of the bubbly stuff when you finish that white pedalo hull sat in your garden, but Wave pointed out that it would make a good fish pond so guess thats another virtual boat never to see the Solent.

By the way I don't normally gamble unless its an almost certainty, so the magnum of champs for CH is a fairly safe bet, and it was only Tescos stuff anyway since he wouldn't know the difference coming from up Norf

Pete

Dirks hull:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Pedalo.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	7434  
Old 11 August 2004, 11:01   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete7
Dirks hull:
Should it be named after another 'fast' ancient yellow colour hull I know of?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Pedalo.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	7435  
Old 12 August 2004, 21:44   #38

Town: London
Boat name: varies
Make: n/a
Length: n/a
Engine: varies
Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn
It does suprise me why there aren't more alloy hulls.

Talking of which has anyone seen the allyduck? Ugly as hell but with a certain charm - tough as old boots and built to look like a rib - the alloy tubes are filled with pop bottles - great idea.

The boat also has a built in trailer!

Went on one at the Southampton show last year - it was great fun and handled just like a RIB

They certainly ain't pretty, but definitely have a use, see thread:

http://www.rib.net/forum/showthread....ingle+outdrive

Hopefully she'll be better to helm than look at!

t
Old 13 August 2004, 08:29   #39

Town: Salcombe, Devon, UK
Boat name: BananaShark
Make: BananaShark
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2xYanmar 260 diesels
There is one in this months sportsboat magazine made out of ally checkerplate - tubes and all!
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 September 2004, 06:18   #40

Just for the sake of asking one last time, any sign of the Eurocommuter any one yet??