Old 19 September 2009, 22:08   #1

Town: Birmingham
Make: Avon SR4
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yam 55
Advice on searider hull repair?

Hi all i've been putting off repairing the hull on my boat for a couple of years now its got cracks showing in the gelcoat the odd chunk missing here & there and some overlaid fibreglass sections where it would be drawn along the trailer rollers.

I'm removing the engine/A frame and proposing to put the boat on its side? Am i best to leave the tubes inflated/ or deflated or doesn't it matter/stop being a tart?

After prepping & painting a few cars over the years i was all set to lightly sand, fill with car filler then prime & paint with 2 pack paint but i realise after trawling through old threads on the forum this probably isn't the way to go. Problem now is i've gone through so many old threads i'm more confused than ever. I believe its structurally sound, it was like it when i bought it and its had a gentle hammering over the last few years...i just want to tidy it up so do i just use a marine filler, sand and gelcoat? Sorry for those that have seen this a zillion times before but anybody willing to give me a brief insight on how they'd tackle it based on one lousy picture? All info appreciated kind regards AL
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hull 1.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	45894   Click image for larger version

Name:	boat rep.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	45895