Old 24 August 2011, 17:22   #1

Town: edinburgh
Make: humber
Length: 5m +
Engine: outboard petrol 80hp
advice needed

Hi - i have just purchased my first rib a humber 5mtr assault - or so i thought! after a bit off checking sizes and max engine and weight on the plate- i think its a 5.3mtr destroyer? but it only has 3 air valves and the weight limit is 1100kg and max engine is 90hp and it measures more like 5.3mtrs the serial number says 7272-can anybody help me to identify what it is? i will upload a photo as soon as i can work out how to.
thanks.
Old 24 August 2011, 18:08   #2

Town: London
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 8m +
Engine: 250hp
See the link:

Rigid Inflatable Boats - a vast range of quality ribs for both leisure crafts and sports craft from Humber Inflatables

It looks like a destroyer 1990s version. Assault has lower weight limit.
Old 24 August 2011, 20:09   #3

hi-yes im thinking that too, its just the boat only having 3 air chambers confuses me.
Old 24 August 2011, 22:12   #4

Town: London
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 8m +
Engine: 250hp
Not Familiar with Destroyer, but Assault 5m has only three valves. At least the 1990 version.

Maybe the new ones are with 5.
Old 26 August 2011, 10:01   #5

Town: Hull, East Yorkshire
Length: no boat
Hi Rosco765

Just checked our records and your rib is RH600 which is the older version of the current Ocean Pro 6.0m (2.34m beam).

Hope this has helped!

Regards,
Alix Richardson @ Humber Ribs
Old 26 August 2011, 10:34   #6

Town: N Wales Chester
Boat name: Mr Smith
Make: Humber
Length: 6m +
Bonus! You have done well. A bit like purchasing a 36" tv and getting home to find it is HD.

The destroyer and OP are fantastic hulls compared to the assault. Waaaay more sea worthy. The OP hulls have a fantastic history, google it and you will find interesting reading.

You can tell from the back that the hull is a deep V. The assault has a very shallow V and slaps across the top of the water.

Enjoy!
Old 26 August 2011, 12:16   #7

Thanks guys for all the info--has helped a lot-we have just had it out on loch lomond at the weekend and it handled realy well a lot quicker than i thought the 80hp would push it - i paid £2500 for the boat trailer and outboard all seem in really good condition-no patches or repairs-trailer has had new suspension and wheels and there was a humming bird depth speed temp,fish finder on it.do you think that is a cheap/fair price?
Old 26 August 2011, 15:29   #8

Town: N Wales Chester
Boat name: Mr Smith
Make: Humber
Length: 6m +
If it runs fine , holds air and floats, for a boat of that size and brand you can't go wrong for £2.5k!

if it's not been serviced recently, give it a good one with new impeller, oil, gearbox oil etc
Old 26 August 2011, 18:51   #9
RIBnet admin team

Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu 30HP
MMSI: 235089819
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMBER P4VWL View Post
The destroyer and OP are fantastic hulls compared to the assault. Waaaay more sea worthy.

You can tell from the back that the hull is a deep V. The assault has a very shallow V and slaps across the top of the water.
I think you are being a little unfair. The assualt does have a market, and is a perfectly OK boat: the shallower V requires less power to plane/go fast and so should be more economical for people like sailing clubs who are often not operating in poor conditions, or operate in sheltered areas or spend hours bobbing up and down with 10 minutes either side of faster stuff. The destroyer and OP are better for most typical rib netters but the assault is perfectly "sea worthy" albeit not with as good "sea keeping".

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosco765 View Post
Thanks guys for all the info--has helped a lot-we have just had it out on loch lomond at the weekend and it handled realy well a lot quicker than i thought the 80hp would push it - i paid £2500 for the boat trailer and outboard all seem in really good condition-no patches or repairs-trailer has had new suspension and wheels and there was a humming bird depth speed temp,fish finder on it.do you think that is a cheap/fair price?
I think that is at least a fair price. Assuming you look after it, and don't get unlucky with serious engine trouble, you can probably resell it in 3yrs time for pretty much the same money.