Old 20 June 2013, 01:19   #1

Town: Washington
Boat name: no name
Make: Zodiac
Length: 4m +
Engine: 40 H
Adding webbing supported bench seats

Zodiac Mk II Futura. 14.9 Colonial feet

I am adding in bench seats with the standard webbing and plastic thingers that screw into the bottoms of the bench. While I have not settled on bench material as of yet ( I am actually looking at synthetic deck material as opposed to wood) I am looking for help on the process.

Glue and application of the patches is no issue, I have successfully tested and like HH-66 vinyl glue. Very forgiving, great tack time and easier to work with than Sta-Bond...and I have a gallon of the stuff. I just need to know the location of the patches and the position of the benches. Do you allow them to "rest" on the tubes when fully inflated or is the idea to let them float not contacting the tubes ? Guidance is appreciated.
Old 22 June 2013, 01:50   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceclimber View Post

I am adding in bench seats with the standard webbing and plastic thingers that screw into the bottoms of the bench. While I have not settled on bench material as of yet ( I am actually looking at synthetic deck material as opposed to wood) I am looking for help on the process.

Glue and application of the patches is no issue, I have successfully tested and like HH-66 vinyl glue. Very forgiving, great tack time and easier to work with than Sta-Bond...and I have a gallon of the stuff. I just need to know the location of the patches and the position of the benches. Do you allow them to "rest" on the tubes when fully inflated or is the idea to let them float not contacting the tubes ? Guidance is appreciated.
Well hey iceclimber, why don't you look at some pictures and make your best guess ?

Iceclimber: Ok, great idea.
Old 22 June 2013, 01:58   #3

Town: Sticks, N.Yorks
Boat name: Tamanco
Make: Honwave 3.5AE
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu Outboard
3 am in the UK !!!! I'm sure some of the knowledge will be along in a few hours.........
Old 22 June 2013, 04:25   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceclimber View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddlers View Post
3 am in the UK !!!! I'm sure some of the knowledge will be along in a few hours.........
Lol I asked a few days back. No problemo, I glued it up tonight and will give it a few days to cure. I'll post pictures when I get it finished. Back story on my Zodiac...I was eager and got shafted. Drove 8 hours down to Portland for a sight unseen purchase based on plenty of assurances and long conversations with a guy that "would never rip me off"
Ah-hem. The boat was in need of a complete tear down and rebuild.