Old 07 April 2006, 10:46   #1

Town: Stanley, Falkland Is
Boat name: Seawolf
Make: Osprey Vipermax 5.8
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 150
Adding seats to a Humber

Has anybody added extra seats to a Humber and what did you use to match up to the original?

My Humber Destroyer has what I think is the "Extreme Jockey" console, single seater, (at least from looking at Humber's pics of the console options) and what I am after is something that will fit onto the back of that to provide an extra seat, but so it looks as though it is part of the original console - in other words matched to the original for size and shape (colour is easy as it's black!). Basically so I can carry 2 seated and if required a 3rd person standing behind and so it looks like an original 2 seat console.

I don't know if you can get "add-on's" from the manufacturer or not but I wondered if anybody had actually done this job on their own boat - can't be too difficult surely? I could build something myself but I want it to look fairly decent and my fabrication skills are somewhere between Mr Heath and Mr Robinson

Ta

Stephen
Old 07 April 2006, 17:56   #2

Town: South West Scotland
Boat name: Blue Ribbin
Make: Humber
Engine: Mariner 75
Bluribbin

Yeah, i had that idea too, well up until i asked Humber how much? +£400!!!!! (went up from £325 in less then 9 months).

But you cant get away from it, its the match that you need!

I have the delux one man console and wanted the same for rear seat passengers, its a very comfortable seat and has terrific back support.

I have no answer i'm afraid currently begging Humber to give us "a small discount"
Old 07 April 2006, 19:40   #3

Clucking bell!!!

£400 for a bendy bit of GRP and an old motorbike seat - they are having a laugh!

Hmmm I will have to think about that one - Messrs Heath and Robinson may yet be called upon

Thanks for the answer
Old 07 April 2006, 21:21   #4

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Quote:
Originally Posted by BogMonster
Clucking bell!!!

£400 for a bendy bit of GRP and an old motorbike seat - they are having a laugh!

Hmmm I will have to think about that one - Messrs Heath and Robinson may yet be called upon

Thanks for the answer
Tell me about it!!!

That's why I am going to make my own seats for the front of my boat - will do the stainless myself and the pods - will just buy the squashy bits!!!

Maybe if they dropped their prices a bit more people would buy them and they would make more money???
Old 14 April 2006, 18:57   #5

Quote back from Humber - one add on single jockey seat (not quite what I wanted but still looks quite smart in the photo) £336 each plus carriage!

Gonna have to think about that....
Old 14 April 2006, 21:45   #6

Town: Co. Cork
Boat name: AmyClaire
Make: Zodiac
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki 140 hp
Adding seats to a Humber

I added a second seat to my Humber Assault - there was a bottle-rack in place so I got an upholster to make up a seat based on hard foam upon a marine ply base.

email me for photographs!

Regards,

Beitsta
Old 17 April 2006, 15:23   #7

Town: Alton
Boat name: Arrow Flight
Make: Humber Destroyer
Length: 7m +
Engine: Mercury 175 EFI
MMSI: 235026883
Nice when they're in though!

If you need more info then PM me. We fitted the two rear pods as extras not long after getting the RIB. Each now contains a heavy duty battery in addition to storage space. I also bungeed the seat tops, in case they fly off at speed when no one seated there - don't trust the velcro. Hinging would be best I think.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rib Season 2005 025.jpg
Views:	601
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	18530  
Old 17 April 2006, 16:04   #8

Thanks, that looks like the sort of thing.

Ideally I would like it to be secure to the deck but easily removable if required, any thoughts on this? There is no bottle rack or anything in mine, just a flat floor.

I agree on not using velcro - the velcro on my seat is pretty tired and it doesn't take much to lift it off - I would certainly have lost it yesterday when I was out if I hadn't been sitting on it!
Old 18 April 2006, 09:25   #9

Town: Alton
Boat name: Arrow Flight
Make: Humber Destroyer
Length: 7m +
Engine: Mercury 175 EFI
MMSI: 235026883
Then I guess one solution would be a track system. No experience of that myself but plenty of members here who do. I had thought the deck would need a recess included at construction to take the track, otherwise it will sit proud? No doubt there are some other solutions available as well.
Old 05 June 2006, 19:22   #10

OK now my boat seems to have stopped exploding (famous last words... ) I am back on the "need some more seats" trail again

No longer bothered about an exact match to the front console, could get it from Humber but the prices are a bit steep. Just looking for single or twin jockey seats that can be screwed to the deck to add 2 more seats to the boat. Don't really care what exact style they are as long as they are black to match the main console.

Is there anybody making no-name budget extra seats? I would think you ought to be able to get a bit of GRP with a cushion on the top for about the £100 mark, or am I going to have to break out the 2x4" some plywood and a saw?

Something like the rear single jockeys pictured on Outnabout's RIB above would be spot on