Old 02 June 2003, 11:47   #1

Town: Mayfair, London
Make: RibEye/Ferretti 881
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yamaha 25/Twin MTU
A nightmare

I have had my heart set on aquiring a fast 7.5m RIB since last year, and was sure that I would be on the water by now.
Unfortunately, I cannot fund this dream until I have sold my Searay sportsboat, and there seems to be no one interested despite dropping the price over and over again.
Therefore I will be re-launching the Searay next weekend as my only way of getting on the water this year and will look at you lot with envy.
Old 02 June 2003, 12:07   #2

Town: Newfoundland
Length: no boat
Where have you tried advertising your Searay? Boats and Outboards is free and seems to get results. (I sold my first RIB through it last year.) www.boatsandoutboards.co.uk. Presume you've tried sportsboat and hairdressers monthly? And boats-for-sale.co.uk?

Good luck. I am probably selling a 7.5m RIB this year so when you've sold it get in touch!

Alan
Old 02 June 2003, 14:53   #3

Thanks, it's on every website I could find, plus registered with 3 brokers. There seems to be no buyers in the £35-£40k bracket.
Are high end second hand RIBS selling, or is this the same for all boats right now?
Old 02 June 2003, 20:50   #4

Town: Lymington
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 10m +
Engine: Yamaha
Hi Tim

I forwarded you a spec on a 7.8 some time back and if you remember asked about your Sea Ray.

I may actually knw somebody who maybe interested.

Please give me more details.

thanks

stuart
Old 02 June 2003, 22:24   #5

Town: Southampton
Boat name: Hissing Sid
Make: Ross Smith Cobra
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200HP Optimax
MMSI: 235038046
Why not post the details and a pic on the 'buy and sell' section of this forum. You may be pleasantly surprised!
Old 03 June 2003, 17:35   #6

Town: Dublin
Boat name: wizzard
Make: REDBAY
Engine: 225 optimax
mourne boat sales

Get in touch with Shane O neill at www.mourneboatsales.co.uk he is in north of Ireland but gets a lot of interest from guys who want boats on the river Shannon send him pics etc you never know

WHEN THE CAT IS AWAY THE MICE GO TO REDBAY..............
gavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 June 2003, 08:52   #7

Many thanks...it may be a bit difficult to get it over to Ireland.

I've had a bit of positive feed back through e-mails as a result of this thread which I'm grateful for. I know this isn't the place to try and sell my sports boat, but it's got to go as I'm really keen on getting a RIB after reading about everyones adventures on this forum.
p.s. If anyone has a copy of the June edition of Sportsboat and Rib magazine and is interested my boat pictured on pages 30 and 32 named "Trilogy".

I promise not to push it any further here, and hope to return to this forum if I eventually end up with a RIB!
Old 04 June 2003, 11:16   #8

Town: West Wickham
Boat name: Aries IV
Make: Scorpion
Length: 8m +
Engine: Etec 250
MMSI: 235036477
It's not the boat !

Timw, you're not alone!

I have just put my Falcon 23 with Ancasta, who tell me that all boat sales have been slow this year. Mind you, they also said that "you could eat your dinner off the engine" (V8), so perhaps they might "push" mine a bit more than some of the others!

Even after I have sold my boat, I shall have to knock down a garage, two walls and lay a wider drive, just so that I can keep the RIB (yet to be purchased) at home ... And you think you've got problems !!!

I had hoped to go for a 7mtr RIB, to keep on the South Coast, but family (health) circumstances have changed and I cannot now justify being away from home quite so much as a larger RIB would demand.

I am considering a Ribcraft 5.45, on account of it being short enough to keep at home and wide enough to be able to have parallel pod seats. I hope to use it for cruising from the Solent to the Channel Islands and the West Country, as well as blasting up and down the Solent and Poole.

Does anyone have a view on the impact on handling of having a 2.5 mtr beam on a boat of this size? I am thinking of a 115hp 4-stroke and, ideally, having my Yam 8 converted to longshaft, as a back-up. Will it fit? Any thoughts?

Thank you!

Chris.