Go Back   RIBnet Forums > RIB talk > RIBs & ribbing
Click Here to Login

Old 19 February 2007, 21:56   #1

Town: Newby Bridge
Boat name: Alfie
Make: Zodiac
Length: 4m +
Engine: 50hp
9.00am on Sunday at Portmeirion - I wondered who you guys were!

Spent a nice week-end at The Watch House cottage in Portmeirion Village this week-end. I'd previously checked and knew the tide would be in on both mornings, but was pleasantly surprised to see 3 ribs in the estuary when I woke up. As I haven't looked in on this forum since I locked my RIB away for the winter (smacks wrist) I didn't know some of you had arranged a trip there but I wondered if one of the RIBs was Jono's, looks like I guessed right!

I was just about to take some photos but before I knew it you'd all drifted out of site. I wondered why you hadn't come in closer to the hotel, or maybe you did but I was still enjoying some zzzzzs. Hope you all had a great time and do please post some pics if you have some, you might just see a bleary eyed couple on the balcony waving!

As last year was my first time out in a RIB I decided not to go out in the winter, but am raring to go out once spring arrives. Hopefully there'll be another Portmerion trip soon and I can be out on the water with you instead of on the balcony.

FOOTNOTE: On that very same balcony the night before I proposed to my girlfriend and she said yes! Wedding will hopefully be some time this summer in California. We both fancy a beach wedding and I'm trying to convince her that arriving at the beach in a RIB would be much more stylish than in a limo!
Old 20 February 2007, 07:05   #2

Town: Macclesfield
Boat name: Aqua Fresh
Make: Zodiac Medline
Length: 5m +
Engine: 60hp Yamaha
MMSI: 235051988
hi

Congratulations !!

look here for pics

http://rib.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18121

Cheers Andy
Old 20 February 2007, 17:16   #3

Town: Wilmslow
Boat name: Serotonin
Make: Quicksilver
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mariner 15
Yes the blue humber was one of Jono's it was being professionally driven at the time. Jono was on the the "Little black number" I think he has wet dreams about this boat
Old 21 February 2007, 17:11   #4

Town: Dorset
Make: ribcraft
Length: 7m +
Engine: suzuki 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by scousefreddy View Post
We both fancy a beach wedding and I'm trying to convince her that arriving at the beach in a RIB would be much more stylish than in a limo!
I took the best man and the groom along the coast for his wedding last year. after a few high speed turns we stopped about 20m out, the groom then zipped up a dry suit over a spare tux and they both dived over the side and swam ashore where all the guests were drinking champagne and waiting on the beach for them....

very James Bond.

was a good laugh and got in the paper too