Town: Ardfern
Boat name: Moon Raker
Make: Humber Destroyer
Length: 5m +
Engine: Honda BF 90 D
MMSI: 235035994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markyboyo View Post
Alystra, Moon Raker is exactly what I'm after!
Gerroff!!!

Mine came with a Roller Coaster trailer direct from Humber. I can launch and recover at our local slip without getting the brakes wet at all. Of course, it all depends on the angle of dangle. If that's not right the boat will scrape on the slip.

Mind you, when I talked to our local trailer expert (Trail West, Oban) three years later, I found that Humber hadn't adjusted the brakes at all, which was why I couldn't reverse without burning the clutch out on the car. All fixed now. I've been tempted to remove/disable them as I only drive half a mile to the slip on the local single track road, but didn't as I felt it wasn't worth the risk of being uninsured.
Old 16 November 2007, 16:36   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono Garton View Post
I have an open locker (so no plastic hatch), I can stow my 10kg Danforth, 5m 8mm Chain and 100m 10mm warp nicely.

Nice boat by the way!

Jono
Yeah. Probably wouldn't get that Danforth through the hatch. I like the 'foc'sle' though, you can stand there and look aft and survey ones kingdom from a great height, or be a figurehead, or look a right prat.

Guess you need more anchor rode down your way. I vaguely remember the area from my 'loud and irritating yoof' days - couple of boats I used to sail were based at Bill Partington's yard and I used to race at PSC and SCYC. Long time ago, no marina then.

Thanks for the complement. I still think that the Destroyers are one of the prettiest 'real' ribs, the pictures you've posted of some of yours show some lovely ones.

Tony
Old 17 November 2007, 07:17   #23

Town: Pwllheli-North Wales
Boat name: V-ONE
Make: Highfield
Length: 8m +
Engine: Honda 250hp
Hi Tony

The destroyers my favourite humber, I like the way the chines do not run right up to the bow and the steady raising of the tubes up to the nose.

Bill Partington still plodding around, it their 50th Anniversary of William Partington Marine next year, my office is just 100yds away from them, my other half works their.

With 100m of warp it nice to stand on top of and nice and soft if you want to sit there.

I like it up your way, do you ever come though the canal to Ardrishaig? My favourite is Tarbert for breakfast.

Jono
Old 18 November 2007, 11:58   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono Garton View Post
Hi Tony

The destroyers my favourite humber, I like the way the chines do not run right up to the bow and the steady raising of the tubes up to the nose.
Yes, I think they're pretty.
Quote:
Bill Partington still plodding around, it their 50th Anniversary of William Partington Marine next year, my office is just 100yds away from them, my other half works their.
Golly, good for him. He'll not remember me, but one of the boats was a turquoise Twister called Sueno.
Quote:

With 100m of warp it nice to stand on top of and nice and soft if you want to sit there.
Never thought of that.
Quote:
I like it up your way, do you ever come though the canal to Ardrishaig? My favourite is Tarbert for breakfast.

Jono
Tarbert is a great place, used to drive there a lot when my son was at the school (my ex used to teach there) but to my mind nothing beats the waters west of Crinan - God's own country it is, so I don't use the canal. It's very picturesque though.

There's lots of pictures of my play area in the latest RIB International mag. There're some lovely quiet anchorages, even if those two big rib's visit every half hour or so - always get a wave from them. The stunning Ross of Mull and Iona are only an hour and a half away. It's worth a lot to live in such a beautiful place.
Tony