Click Here to Login

Old 25 September 2007, 13:57   #1

Town: quimper
Boat name: kai 2
Make: capelli
Length: 5m +
Engine: yamaha 100
5.7m RIB with 100hp Yam - how fast?

Hi - our local RIB and quad shop is closing down. They have one last Capelli 570 left, with 100hp Yam, and trailer for 24000 Euros, which is 16 666 pounds.

Firstly, any idea what sort of performance I could expect with this combo? Many have the 115 Yam, so would 100 be underpowered? As long as I can get at least 35 knots, I'll be happy.

Secondly, value? How does that deal look, money wise?

Thanks for any input!
Old 26 September 2007, 07:56   #2

???

Does noone have an opinion on this?

This is a big investment for me, and I'd at least like to get an idea of how this price compares to the UK market for this kind of boat.

Capelli may be not so well known in the UK, but they are basically a high quality RIB manufacturer from Italy, using Hypalon, and the fit and finish of their boats is excellent. Style is kind of family/pleasure, not work or dive.

So is 16.6k£;

a) shockingly expensive

b) about right

c) a bargain, bite their arm off?
Old 26 September 2007, 08:07   #3

Town: Cornwall
Length: no boat
sorry don't know anything about Capelli but here's a link to a UK dealer complete with prices, http://www.boatsandoutboards.co.uk/view/HCM014

my guess would be you'd get your 35kts with a 100hp on the 5.7.
Old 26 September 2007, 09:19   #4

Town: Principalite d'Chaos
Boat name: The Nashers Revenge!
Make: Windsor Brothers
Length: 6m +
Engine: Optimax 225
MMSI: "Mmmmm SI" she said!
The price sounds good to me and I'd have thought 35Knots was achievable.

However I'd think this would be at nearly wide open throttle
not a 1/2 to 2/3s throttle cruising speed.

Nasher.
Old 26 September 2007, 11:38   #5

Thanks

...for this feedback. I was more looking to compare this price with that of similar UK boats, like Ribtec, Tornado, Osprey, etc. They all do boats in this size with 100hp engines, and all are excellent quality, like the Capelli.

I was curious as to how much one would have to pay to get a 5.7 ish m UK with 100hp??

As for speed, I think 36 knots or so would be on the cards. Not a great improvement over the 33 I can get from my 4.7m 60hp Capelli.........
Old 26 September 2007, 18:16   #6

Town: Sunshine Coast, Aus.
Boat name: Rubber Dolly
Make: Ribtec 585
Engine: Mercury F115 Efi
My Ribtec 585 does around 37 knots with a 115 4 stroke, and is still losening up, so i reckon your 35 knots would be on.
Old 26 September 2007, 18:35   #7

Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernithebiker View Post
...for this feedback. I was more looking to compare this price with that of similar UK boats, like Ribtec, Tornado, Osprey, etc. They all do boats in this size with 100hp engines, and all are excellent quality, like the Capelli.

I was curious as to how much one would have to pay to get a 5.7 ish m UK with 100hp??

As for speed, I think 36 knots or so would be on the cards. Not a great improvement over the 33 I can get from my 4.7m 60hp Capelli.........
As no one else on Robnet appears to have any experience of the Crapelli, it's hard to give an opinion as to whether it's good value. My thoughts would be that the benefit of a cheap purchase price could be lost with a weak residual. The likes of Ribcraft, Ribtec, Osprey etc. will always attract a good re-sale price.
Old 27 September 2007, 09:02   #8

'Crapelli' as you put it is in fact one of the most expensive makes available in France. The level of finish exceeds that that I have seen on a Tornado, and I cannot comment on Ribtec as I have not seen one close up. It is also superior to the Medline series.

I was simply after an idea of the UK price for a quality, well-equipped, family RIB of approx. 5.7m RIB with good 100hp 4 stroke. Having done my own research, it would seem that, with trailer, this is going to be at least 22 k pounds. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I can get this Capelli for 22 500 Euros, brand new, with 2008 Yam 100hp. I'm pretty convinced that's a good deal, and I intend to go for it, never mind if noone else thinks so!
Old 27 September 2007, 17:57   #9

Make: Osprey
Length: 7m +
Engine: 250 HP E-Tec
Quote:
'Crapelli' as you put it is in fact one of the most expensive makes available in France. The level of finish exceeds that that I have seen on a Tornado, and I cannot comment on Ribtec as I have not seen one close up. It is also superior to the Medline series.

I was simply after an idea of the UK price for a quality, well-equipped, family RIB of approx. 5.7m RIB with good 100hp 4 stroke. Having done my own research, it would seem that, with trailer, this is going to be at least 22 k pounds. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I can get this Capelli for 22 500 Euros, brand new, with 2008 Yam 100hp. I'm pretty convinced that's a good deal, and I intend to go for it, never mind if noone else thinks so!
If weather is ok this weeken, I'll go on a friends rib which is a capelli 5.8 but with 115 HP. max speed is around 35 according to him. I'll check it out this weekend and report back to you.
Old 30 September 2007, 08:22   #10

Town: Hayling Island
Make: Ribtec 585
Engine: YAM F100 outboard
QUOTE=HoveRuss;220396] My Ribtec 585 does around 37 knots with a 115 4 stroke,[/QUOTE]

Interesting... My Ribtec 585 does 30kts with an F100, granted its not best propped for out right speed, but I would be amazed if I could ring out another 5kts top end.
Old 30 September 2007, 10:23   #11

Town: Fareham
You really want to look at your own market place as to weather this is a good buy. The Second hand market is the place to look and compare what boats are selling for when a year or more old. Compare these to the price of the new one you are looking at and find out if the difference is acceptable.

Are there any other dealers in France you could get prices from, this also will give you a good indication on price. If not then the british market could help, you could reclaim the 17.5% vat element back too.

Looks Slow but is Fast
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club.
Hightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2007, 12:22   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightower View Post
You really want to look at your own market place as to weather this is a good buy. The Second hand market is the place to look and compare what boats are selling for when a year or more old. Compare these to the price of the new one you are looking at and find out if the difference is acceptable.

Are there any other dealers in France you could get prices from, this also will give you a good indication on price. If not then the british market could help, you could reclaim the 17.5% vat element back too.

Surely France is not so far from England as to be considered a completely different marketplace?

And I fail to understand the VAT comment. VAT is universal in the EU, even if the rates differ slightly. There is no way I could reclaim the VAT by bringing the boat to the UK or vice-versa. This only works if going out of the EU to an ex-EU country (eg. Switzerland).

I still think I am failing to get my question across here - I was just looking for a ballpark figure for a 5.5 to 6m RIB with a 100hp 4 stroke engine. Min/max price, that kind of thing? Surely there must be a feeling for what is 'cheap' for this spec boat, and what is expensive? eg. if a respectable company offered you a boat like this for 10 000 pounds, that would be considered super cheap, right? And if someone asked 30 000 pounds for it, you would suck through your teeth and say, no, too pricey. So what is the 'fair' value for a boat of this kind?
Old 30 September 2007, 18:11   #13

Quote:
Surely France is not so far from England as to be considered a completely different marketplace?
I'm sorry, but there are many different market places in the EU and that includes France. I couldn't tell you the difference and if it was a significant one, but I bet there is one!

Quote:
And I fail to understand the VAT comment. VAT is universal in the EU, even if the rates differ slightly. There is no way I could reclaim the VAT by bringing the boat to the UK or vice-versa. This only works if going out of the EU to an ex-EU country (eg. Switzerland).
Everything is duty paid in the EU but the rate at which it's paid is different from country to country and as there are many different countrys with a lower rate than ours then I'm pretty sure you can claim the difference.

Quote:
I still think I am failing to get my question across here - I was just looking for a ballpark figure for a 5.5 to 6m RIB with a 100hp 4 stroke engine. Min/max price, that kind of thing? Surely there must be a feeling for what is 'cheap' for this spec boat, and what is expensive? eg. if a respectable company offered you a boat like this for 10 000 pounds, that would be considered super cheap, right? And if someone asked 30 000 pounds for it, you would suck through your teeth and say, no, too pricey. So what is the 'fair' value for a boat of this kind?
This is the bit of your answer that hacks me off the most!

If your failing to get the question across, then you've asked the wrong question!

Why don't you get off your fat arse and do the work yourself, ring some dealers around Europe that stock the Capelli and ask the people that know instead of wasting our time.

Looks Slow but is Fast
Old 30 September 2007, 18:13   #14

Got an answer!

From Downhilldai;

"A decent 6m RIB with seating for 5-6 and inbuilt fuel tank will be around £8k - £9k and a 115hp 4-stroke outboard will be around £6500, so that's around £15k before you start adding on any toys."

Thanks mate! Stole that quote from the 'please help me' thread, but very appropriate for me too!

So 15k + 2 for trailer = 17? That's 25.5k Euros.

So 22.5k Euros for a 5.7m RIB with inbuilt fuel tank, seating for 5-6, 100hp Yam and heavyweight trailer, all brand new, seems to be on the money, if not below. (that's 15.6k£)
Old 30 September 2007, 18:19   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightower View Post
I'm sorry, but there are many different market places in the EU and that includes France. I couldn't tell you the difference and if it was a significant one, but I bet there is one!

Everything is duty paid in the EU but the rate at which it's paid is different from country to country and as there are many different countrys with a lower rate than ours then I'm pretty sure you can claim the difference.

This is the bit of your answer that hacks me off the most!

If your failing to get the question across, then you've asked the wrong question!

Why don't you get off your fat arse and do the work yourself, ring some dealers around Europe that stock the Capelli and ask the people that know instead of wasting our time.

You still fail to grasp the question you dumbass. I NEVER asked for Capelli prices in the UK. This is what I asked; (I'll spell it out for the 16th time for retards like you)

What is a typical price for a new 5.5 to 6m RIB with a 100hp (ish) engine and trailer in the UK?

I would have thought it wouldn't be too hard to give a ballpark figure, which is EXACTLY what someone with more brain cells than you has done - thankyou downhilldai.

VAT is 19.6% in France by the way, doh!

And if there was a huge difference in French and English RIB prices surely an armada of RIB's would sail every day across the channel to take advantage of the arbitrage. (You can look that word up in a dictionary if you like).

Oh, and my arse isn't fat, I'm an expert category mountain bike racer.
Old 30 September 2007, 18:33   #16

:d :d

Looks Slow but is Fast
Old 01 October 2007, 09:18   #17

Town: Nantes
Boat name: A l'Attaque
Make: Sea-Way
Engine: Not here yet
Why don't you get in touch with Marc Dano of Atlantic RIBs (http://pneuboat.com/atlanticrib/) and ask him for a quote on a Solent 5.8m with 100 e-tec on the back. He's based in Ploemeur so not too far from you.

Personnally i'm going over to the UK to buy a second hand RIB. RIBs loose thier value quicker in the UK and yet most of the time the UK RIBs are much more suited to my needs (very deep vee hulls, hypalon tubes).

I would say that the two markets are very different. England is an island in more than one way !
Old 01 October 2007, 12:37   #18

Town: Salcombe, Devon, UK
Boat name: BananaShark
Make: BananaShark
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2xYanmar 260 diesels
Quote:
From Downhilldai;

"A decent 6m RIB with seating for 5-6 and inbuilt fuel tank will be around £8k - £9k and a 115hp 4-stroke outboard will be around £6500, so that's around £15k before you start adding on any toys."

Thanks mate! Stole that quote from the 'please help me' thread, but very appropriate for me too!

So 15k + 2 for trailer = 17? That's 25.5k Euros.

So 22.5k Euros for a 5.7m RIB with inbuilt fuel tank, seating for 5-6, 100hp Yam and heavyweight trailer, all brand new, seems to be on the money, if not below. (that's 15.6k£)
Interesting prices - from the Ribeye 2007 online price list 6m playtime Yamaha F115 four stroke 2 double jockeys and a rear bench and hydraulic steering - no trailer or even nav lights including VAT £25,499 special package price. Over 10k more than quoted.
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote