Old 17 May 2020, 07:58   #1

Town: Seaton Sluice
Length: 5m +
Tornado 5.3.

Would just like to start by saying hello to all.
I have skirted about this page for years but didn't realise how easy it was to join, so I never used to bother but was surprised so thank you.

I have an old tornado 5.3 the boat requires new tubes and a good bit tlc to the hull.
The work to hull does not concern me at all I have worked on multiple boats over many years.

What I am looking for today is just some form of assurance if I spend the money to have the boat retubed it will be a worth while investment, over just spending the money on a ready boat of similar cost. (Also if anyone can give me idea of cost be handy)
Can someone give me an idea of what the old tornado with new tubes and jazzed up hull would be worth without engine????

The idea is to get the boat up to spec for myself and my son to tow up the west coast Scotland for some island hopping.

Happy ribbing all and appreciate any replays thanks
Old 17 May 2020, 10:20   #2

Town: suffolk
Boat name: not yet
Make: Gemini
Engine: Suzuki 140
https://www.ribretubes.co.uk/gallery
Personally i am not sure the word investment is a good choice imo , i think retubing a boat is just a way of enjoying the confort of what you already have with maybe sound engine ,trailer etc , ,as far as the value goes ,the same people have been trying to sell a complete refurbed hull and tubes for a little while ,a 6.2 and their sister company xs have a 5.3 refurb for sale i think ,both look ed very reasonable on price but seem to have been for sale a long time !
Old 17 May 2020, 10:42   #3

Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orwell boy View Post
https://www.ribretubes.co.uk/gallery

Personally i am not sure the word investment is a good choice imo , i think retubing a boat is just a way of enjoying the confort of what you already have with maybe sound engine ,trailer etc , ,as far as the value goes ,the same people have been trying to sell a complete refurbed hull and tubes for a little while ,a 6.2 and their sister company xs have a 5.3 refurb for sale i think ,both look ed very reasonable on price but seem to have been for sale a long time !

^^^^^^^^
Wot he said. If you spend money on a retube, you won’t get your money back. But then again ROI isn’t always about money.
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4:Don't feed the troll
Pikey Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2020, 14:24   #4

Town: Waterlooville
Boat name: Tickler
Make: Halmatic P22
Length: 6m +
Engine: Inboard Diesel 240HP
MMSI: 235115642
RIBase
I'd say that towing the boat up to the west coast of Scotland and doing some island hopping with your son would mean the retube would be a worthwhile investment.

£1k per metre of length for a re-tube give or take.

Final value without engine - £6 or £7k'ish