Old 16 January 2023, 04:19   #1

Town: San Francisco
Length: 3m +
Titan 3m and the Amazing Dunlop SeaSled

Hi, just picked up a 3mtr Titan RIB here in SanFrancisco for $400. It was advertized as a Zodiac as they always are, couldn't find much info about them.
It's dirty but in great shape no leaks, patches or tears. Transom is solid no signs of an overpowerd motor twist! Hypalon with thick fiberglass, heavy but I don't think it's double skinned. Looking for a 9.9 two-stroke preferably Yamaha or Mercury and use it as a tender/runabout.
Does anyone have any info on these? I think $400 was a pretty good deal.
I've grown up with inflatables and remember hanging out at the inflatable boat shop in South Croydon and an excursion to the Dunlop factory with my Dad in the late 70's early 80's to pick up a Seasled.This was a truly awesome 10ft RIB ,the only other comparable boat at the time was the Flatacraft force 3 which was'nt any where near as cool. The SeaSled looked more like a smaller Force 4.
SeaRiders were all 13ft plus.
Not sure what happened to the Dunlop I have vague memories of us sending it back because it was coming unglued where the pontoons met the keel. I've never seen another..........
I moved from South London to San Francisco and have had a number of small RIBs and SIBs and have learnt how to save them from the dump, but none have been as fun as that Seasled, I'm not sure if thats the right spelling! What I would like to come across is a Flatacraft Force 4 did any survive?