Old 29 January 2013, 13:33   #1

Town: malta
Boat name: rib tender
Make: selva
Length: 3m +
Engine: outboard yamaha9.9
patches on pvc material

hi to all i'm new to this forum and for these last 2 years,i own a small selvarib tender model 3.55dv which i use for spearfishing purposes and of which i take a lot of care[dont leave rib in the sun for long hours,dont leave rib in the water,always rinse rib after usage in salt water.]after owing this rib for 4months patches on both tubes began to appear in yellowish colour and in a few months the patches expanded to other areas.i am from malta and contacted hi-tec marine which is selvas supplier in my country and his service was excellent and after 3 weeks we had a reply from selva italy that told us that propably it was contamination of fuel with water but that they were going to replace it with a new one.i was told that the rib will arrive next febuary so i am still waiting for my new rib but i wanted to know if someone had such problems with pvc dinghies because previously i owned a maxxon and a zodiac dingy and never had such problems and i like my small selva cause i used in rough seas and did its job well.