Old 15 May 2011, 17:38   #21

Town: Sheepy Parva
Boat name: Sadly Sold
Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMO View Post
...my boat probably has a nose weight something like 60 kilo...

I don't think my whole SIB weighs 60kg.

Have you got the motor on the right end?
Old 15 May 2011, 17:41   #22

Town: midlands
Boat name: robeena
Make: honwave
Length: 4m +
Engine: twatsu 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leapy View Post

I don't think my whole SIB weighs 60kg.

Have you got the motor on the right end?
Ermm,,,,,,,,,,,, think so ..lol this honwave is heavy, its got aluminium floor and is quite substantial ,, i gotta come up with an easy launch idea or i`ll get fed up before i even started my new hobby to be :-(
Old 15 May 2011, 17:45   #23

BTW sorry for hi jacking your thread popeye ,, no one seems to want to answer my thread ..lol
Old 15 May 2011, 18:20   #24

Town: kent
Boat name: SIBotage
Make: Prowave
Length: 3m +
Engine: 15hp Johnson 2 smoke
Need some advice of you now popeye!

I am thinking of upgrading to a aliminium floor boat, i was looking at the Excel range but now the Seapro has appeared.

Can i ask where you got yours from as all the ones i have found online are packaged with outboards and i dont need one of them.

Also does anyone know which is better or has any good/bad points bettween the Excel and Seapro?

Thanks
Old 15 May 2011, 20:12   #25

Town: Manchester
Boat name: "mr Jingles"
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: 130 Etec
MMSI: 235074968
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by lockieboi View Post

I am thinking of upgrading to a aliminium floor boat, i was looking at the Excel range but now the Seapro has appeared.

Can i ask where you got yours from as all the ones i have found online are packaged with outboards and i dont need one of them.

Also does anyone know which is better or has any good/bad points bettween the Excel and Seapro?

Thanks
I think you'll find one here www,seaproboats.co.uk , Bill highams marines
Old 15 May 2011, 20:31   #26

Thanks Hadd, looked there but all the ones available are packaged with outboards!
Old 15 May 2011, 20:42   #27

Town: Manchester
Boat name: "mr Jingles"
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: 130 Etec
MMSI: 235074968
RIBase
Quote:
Thanks Hadd, looked there but all the ones available are packaged with outboards!
Give them a ring & talk to simon he will do something for you. 0161 790 7678
Old 15 May 2011, 20:57   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadd View Post
Give them a ring & talk to simon he will do something for you. 0161 790 7678
dont know if this helps but my honwave has ally floor,, bought brand new and not as a pacage,, bought my OB seperately second hand .
Old 15 May 2011, 23:48   #29

Town: Orpington
Make: Seapro 340HD
Engine: Tohatsu 9.8HP
Quote:

Thanks

Hi lockieboi,

I bought mine on Ebay, it's 18 months old and has only been used a couple of times, its still like brand new. I know it's not an Avon or Zodiac but I must say it seems extremely well made and quite substanial. The chap I bought it from had bought it new from Bill Higham Marine. I think that he is the sole supplier of these boats. I'm going to phone them tomorrow to find out about getting another seat and a bow bag I will ask the price of a boat only and post it tomorrow, I mean later today!

Popeye1
Old 16 May 2011, 17:32   #30

Town: gravesend
Boat name: curach/Earl
Make: seago/Lifeguard 4M
Length: under 3m
Engine: 3.3 marinar/10 hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeye1 View Post
Timo,

I tried mine very quickly when I bought it, lifting the nose up and wheeling it about 2 feet on the transom wheels. I was also a bit suprised of the weight! Factor in the gradient of the ramp and perhaps some sand and stones and the boat gets heavier!

Don't laugh, but i'm thinking of making myself a harness to pull it up the ramp?

I'm just goint to have a little drive down to Minnis Bay to check the ramp out. Thornbackflounder recommended this ramp to me. I want to see how steep it is?

Popeye1
Hello mate have you managed to view the slipway yet?,not to steep i hope?
Old 16 May 2011, 17:57   #31

Thanks popeye, perhaps i will see it soon at allington.

Just realised your orpington, me too, small world full of sibbers ehh!!
Old 16 May 2011, 18:50   #32

Boat name: Angel-B
Make: Ex Y boat
Engine: Suzuki 9.9HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMO View Post
Daft question maybe,,, iwas thinking about fitting a wheel somehow to the bow,,, how would i do it though,,, i seen those foldable trailer jobbies , but its going to be even more time consuming building one of them everytime as well as the boat .
I have one of these:

Photo Gallery

The two pads fit nicely either side of the inflatable keel, and I have a long webbing strap that goes around the boat to retain it.

Most places I launch I get the trailer as close to the water as possible and just use the transom wheels - where this isn't possible I use the C Tug as well.

Cheers

Chris
Old 16 May 2011, 19:41   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by thornbackflound View Post
Hello mate have you managed to view the slipway yet?,not to steep i hope?

Hi thornbackflounder,

How are you mate? Yes, I drove down there yesterday early evening, well impressed, it's not too bad at all, eventually I will apply for a key to the barrier but in the meantime there is more than enough space for me to wheel mine around the side, infront of those beach huts. Is it manned there and have you ever been stopped? My intention was to inflate the boat by the car, using the 12V inflator put the outboard on and everything in the boat and then just wheel straight down on the transom wheels! Nice firm sand there as well. I then drove up to the ramp at Herne Bay and was speaking to a commercial fisherman who was just going out to put drift nets out, very interesting. The sea was like a pond early evening, no wind at all, a bit different to the forecast! I may be going out this Saturday with a pal. When are you out next?

Popeye1
Old 16 May 2011, 19:46   #34

Quote:
Hi thornbackflounder,

How are you mate? Yes, I drove down there yesterday early evening, well impressed, it's not too bad at all, eventually I will apply for a key to the barrier but in the meantime there is more than enough space for me to wheel mine around the side, infront of those beach huts. Is it manned there and have you ever been stopped? My intention was to inflate the boat by the car, using the 12V inflator put the outboard on and everything in the boat and then just wheel straight down on the transom wheels! Nice firm sand there as well. I then drove up to the ramp at Herne Bay and was speaking to a commercial fisherman who was just going out to put drift nets out, very interesting. The sea was like a pond early evening, no wind at all, a bit different to the forecast! I may be going out this Saturday with a pal. When are you out next?

Popeye1
My intention was to inflate the boat by the car, using the 12V inflator put the outboard on and everything in the boat and then just wheel straight down on the transom wheels!EXACTLY what we do it will be fine,just go the OTHER SIDE if the gate is open ,by the wall,i would keep clear of the beach huts,hoping to get the Earl out down the varne boat club this wk end,if its good next wk end after that will try and hook up with you mate,Ill PM you some marks later in the wk if you are going sat,stay lucky ,Shane
Old 16 May 2011, 20:02   #35

Hi Shane,

Thanks for the heads up on the ramp, absolutely ideal and a very pretty spot as well. My wife and I had a drink in the pub looking out onto the bay. I don't have sat nav yet! So any marks you send will have to be descriptive, ie, so many yards left or right of a buoy.

All the best

Daryl
Old 16 May 2011, 20:17   #36

Quote:
Hi Shane,

Thanks for the heads up on the ramp, absolutely ideal and a very pretty spot as well. My wife and I had a drink in the pub looking out onto the bay. I don't have sat nav yet! So any marks you send will have to be descriptive, ie, so many yards left or right of a buoy.

All the best

Daryl
No probs Daryl,if i can get you on the fish i will mate,tiz a pretty place ramo in the hight of summer with all the BQ and red wine drinkers outside there beach huts,lol and swimmers who won t get out of the way when coming back to the slip,i got a big fog horn to blast em this summer,lol
Old 16 May 2011, 20:25   #37

[QUOTE=lockieboi;401216] Thanks popeye, perhaps i will see it soon at allington.

Just realised your orpington, me too, small world full of sibbers ehh!!

lockieboi,

It is a small world! Still if ever there's a flood in Orpington, you and I will be ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 16 May 2011, 20:41   #38

Quote:
Hi Shane,

All the best

Daryl
I don't have sat nav yet! ,Just thought Daryl,you will need a depth finder/fishfinder of some discription ,goes deep then shallow in places,plus if you do not have GPS,you may want to study a map of the area,as there are some obstructions that stick out in shallow water and are just under as well at other times ,so you will want to clear then, rips or tears don t do well for us sibbers.
Old 16 May 2011, 20:42   #39

Quote:
Hi Shane,

All the best

Daryl
I don't have sat nav yet! ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Just thought Daryl,you will need a depth finder/fishfinder of some discription ,goes deep then shallow in places,plus if you do not have GPS,you may want to study a map of the area,as there are some obstructions that stick out in shallow water and are just under as well at other times ,so you will want to clear then, rips or tears don t do well for us sibbers.
Old 16 May 2011, 21:41   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by thornbackflound View Post
I don't have sat nav yet! ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Just thought Daryl,you will need a depth finder/fishfinder of some discription ,goes deep then shallow in places,plus if you do not have GPS,you may want to study a map of the area,as there are some obstructions that stick out in shallow water and are just under as well at other times ,so you will want to clear then, rips or tears don t do well for us sibbers.

I do have charts of the area. I will be extra vigilant.