Old 17 June 2016, 10:31   #1

Town: Middlesbrough
Boat name: Aerotec
Make: bombard
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mariner 25 petrol
New Member in the north east

Just an introduction really and say hello to forum members.found the forum after searching around for information..

i have a bombard aerotech 380 with launch wheels and a mariner 25 short shaft looking to get out on the tees in the coming weeks. haven't had the boat up for ages. cant bear to have it sitting in the garage any longer needs to get wet!..
Old 17 June 2016, 11:09   #2

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
Welcome AeroAlex. The Aerotec enjoys good support on here from the perspective of experiences, different uses, mods and outboards most suited to them etc.

Yours must be nicely nippy with that 25hp. Had the outfit long?
Old 17 June 2016, 11:21   #3

yes she shifts along.had it a while probably about 6 years or so. best time was had in the south of france with it. i spent nearly a month taking it out everyday it was spectacular.

being out the game for a while i have just done some research and come across the bravo b12?!..i have to have 1 i think it will make inflating so much easier and quicker. especially with it having the capability to get the floor to pressure. always been bitter sweet with the air floor.its brilliant but getting it to pressure can be a pain sometimes
Old 17 June 2016, 11:22   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroAlex View Post
yes she shifts along.had it a while probably about 6 years or so. best time was had in the south of france with it. i spent nearly a month taking it out everyday it was spectacular.

being out the game for a while i have just done some research and come across the bravo b12?!..i have to have 1 i think it will make inflating so much easier and quicker. especially with it having the capability to get the floor to pressure. always been bitter sweet with the air floor.its brilliant but getting it to pressure can be a pain sometimes
ahh i have just noticed you have an aero 3.8..fellow owners
Old 17 June 2016, 11:38   #5

>>>fellow owners

Indeed.

Like you our best use is on our two week holiday... in Scotland where we too have it ready to use every day... whereas our normal use at the most local coastal site is a fairly intensive day out with 180mls in the car.

I use the Bravo digital and wouldn't be without it but do use the footpump from time to time to keep the noise down... the Bravo is like a machine gun once it kicks into HP mode. Mine's been fine over about 3yrs of use but across the forum they haven't been that reliable.
Old 17 June 2016, 11:49   #6

that good info. thanks for that i will see if i can find any more reviews, but would probably still but it either way as it has the functionality to get the floor up to pressure..

while im on. any idea where replacement bow bags can be found? i have searched the net with no joy so far . you know the insulated one with aerotech across it
Old 17 June 2016, 12:41   #7

>>>any idea where replacement bow bags can be found?

Well no intention to tease but... in my garage loft... but it belogs to my boat.

The way we use the Aerotec the bow bag gets in the way so never use it. But we bought the boat new last year and I'm a bit OCD with keeping stuff in good condition and as supplied new for any possible future resale. So sorry not for sale. They do come up from time to time around £50-£60 in decent used condition.
Old 21 June 2016, 09:12   #8

haha that is a tease..i have one but it is getting a bit tatty and a new one would lift the look of the whole outfit. so im assuming zodiac dont make them available as a spare!..bit daft really
Old 21 June 2016, 16:28   #9

Town: teesside
Boat name: magic
Make: humber 5.5
Length: 5m +
Engine: mariner 115
MMSI: 232012453
welcome alex just up the road from you in billingham there's a few round these parts launch there sibs from Redcar beach there's a slip right at the end of the seafront just before the roundabout heading towards saltburn.