Town: Lisbon
Boat name: Typhoon II
Make: Achilles
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yamaha 25 HP
RIBase
New member from Portugal

Hello everyone,
I hope I´m not breaking forum rules but I really need help on this. I'm selling my inflatable Achiles and I really don´t know if I´m pricing it well. Please advise.

Here are the photos:
https://olx.pt/anuncio/barco-pneumti...tml#8fcc6de669

Priced at 1900 USD
Engine: Yamaha 25 HP two stroke
Year: 1991
Length: 4 m

Thank you in advance
Old 17 May 2016, 07:21   #2
RIBnet admin team

Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu 30HP
MMSI: 235089819
You are not breaking any rules - you can even advertise it in the For Sale pages free. If you do I would suggest you include the location clearly in the post to help google bring you people and also to stop the many UK people wasting your time!

Pricing for RIBS and SIBS depends on many things, like the demand for the boat in the local market which nobody here will be able to advise on. It strikes me as being a bit "industrial" for the typical southern Europe market? No seat may put people off a bit? But Trailer, Engine, Boat, Console for £1350 GBP doesn't sound a bad deal to me. It is quite old though. If it was in the UK and in a rush to sell I'd stick it on Ebay, you'll know better if people sell boats that way in your part of the world. If you want to maximise value - you will probably get the most by splitting it into engine, boat and trailer.
Old 20 May 2016, 12:22   #3

RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poly View Post
You are not breaking any rules - you can even advertise it in the For Sale pages free. If you do I would suggest you include the location clearly in the post to help google bring you people and also to stop the many UK people wasting your time!

Pricing for RIBS and SIBS depends on many things, like the demand for the boat in the local market which nobody here will be able to advise on. It strikes me as being a bit "industrial" for the typical southern Europe market? No seat may put people off a bit? But Trailer, Engine, Boat, Console for £1350 GBP doesn't sound a bad deal to me. It is quite old though. If it was in the UK and in a rush to sell I'd stick it on Ebay, you'll know better if people sell boats that way in your part of the world. If you want to maximise value - you will probably get the most by splitting it into engine, boat and trailer.
Thank you very much for your feedback
Old 20 May 2016, 12:27   #4

Town: Cardiff
Length: no boat
Unusual layout seat in front of the console (tender spec?) seems a decent deal, possibly try enquiring with a couple,of brokers in the algarve, Albufeira, Vilamoura etc see what they suggest. In the uk that would be a pretty cheap set up but for the odd layout. May suit a diver couple
Old 20 May 2016, 12:33   #5

RIBase
I keep being low balled with 900£ offers. I already went to a local dealer and they told me the price of 1300£ was spot on, taking into account the boat´s age and all. I'll maintain the price , it´s still May so time is on my side.
Thank you for your insight.