Old 14 September 2020, 19:16   #1

Town: Telgruc-sur-mer
Make: Centaure
Length: 5m +
Engine: Optimax 90 hp
New member from Brittany

Hello all,

I am a new member in your rib communauty. I live in peninsula of Crozon in the west end of Brittany. I had a Centaure 560 VPRO with a 90 hp Optimax 2014 and I have just sold it last week. I have a new project and my eyes are on english ribs. My program is fishing very far from the coast, a normal trip for me it's 80/85 miles. I am looking for a 6m rib like XS, Ribcraft (585) or Humber ocean pro 630. I come towards you about this last model. I found a 630 Ocean Pro in France with 150 hp Yamaha, very well equipment. Can you give me you experience with this boat ? 150 hp Yamaha is enough ? We are 2 on board most of the time. What about the built quality ? I read on this forum posts about Humber vs XS and XS seems win the challenge. I look towards XS 600 but the 630 Humber seems to be bigger and Cat B is very good for me. I heard problem of built in 2015 (about Hull) in Humber. Have heard about problems ?
The Ribcraft 585 is very good for my program but impossible to buy it new directly in UK because of the importer. Thank you very much for advice. Kind regards. Rosplen
Old 14 September 2020, 20:02   #2

Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosplen View Post
Hello all,

I am a new member in your rib communauty. I live in peninsula of Crozon in the west end of Brittany. I had a Centaure 560 VPRO with a 90 hp Optimax 2014 and I have just sold it last week. I have a new project and my eyes are on english ribs. My program is fishing very far from the coast, a normal trip for me it's 80/85 miles. I am looking for a 6m rib like XS, Ribcraft (585) or Humber ocean pro 630. I come towards you about this last model. I found a 630 Ocean Pro in France with 150 hp Yamaha, very well equipment. Can you give me you experience with this boat ? 150 hp Yamaha is enough ? We are 2 on board most of the time. What about the built quality ? I read on this forum posts about Humber vs XS and XS seems win the challenge. I look towards XS 600 but the 630 Humber seems to be bigger and Cat B is very good for me. I heard problem of built in 2015 (about Hull) in Humber. Have heard about problems ?

The Ribcraft 585 is very good for my program but impossible to buy it new directly in UK because of the importer. Thank you very much for advice. Kind regards. Rosplen

I thought that Ribcraft had an agent in France.
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4:Don't feed the troll
Pikey Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2020, 22:37   #3

Town: suffolk
Boat name: not yet
Make: Gemini
Engine: Suzuki 140
PD is right there is a r/c distibutor in Britany i think ,or if not theres a nice 585 for sale in Kent ,which is where the Calais /dover ferry comes into uk , has a trailer but you could poss drive it home ,reckon the border force would be quite excited to see a rib going the other way !
https://www.boatsandoutboards.co.uk/...aft-585/324211
Old 15 September 2020, 05:10   #4

Town: Telgruc-sur-mer
Make: Centaure
Engine: Optimax 90 hp
Hello, I know this Ribcraft but 140 Hp suzuki is not the best choice.
Old 15 September 2020, 07:19   #5

Make: Destroyer 5.5/Ring18
Length: 3m +
Engine: Yam 90HP/Yam200HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orwell boy View Post
PD is right there is a r/c distibutor in Britany i think ,or if not theres a nice 585 for sale in Kent ,which is where the Calais /dover ferry comes into uk , has a trailer but you could poss drive it home ,reckon the border force would be quite excited to see a rib going the other way !

https://www.boatsandoutboards.co.uk/...aft-585/324211

Advert says it does 54 Knots 🤥🤥🤥
Old 15 September 2020, 08:56   #6
RIBnet supporter

Town: Peel, IOM
Length: no boat
RIBase
Don't think he will be doing 54 Knots off the Brittany coast!

"Ribbing-the most expensive way of travelling third class"
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2020, 08:57   #7

Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69cmw View Post
Advert says it does 54 Knots 🤥🤥🤥

And cruises at 35, lying barsteward.
If he’s prepared to bullshit about something so blatantly wrong, what else is he fibbing about[emoji848]
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4:Don't feed the troll
Pikey Dave is offline   Reply With Quote